#FallFlavors This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CollectiveBias
It’s finally here! Fall has come upon us as we enter our back to school phase with the kiddos. Fall for my kids was a huge change, they attended their first year of public school. Even though they attended summer school to prep for the upcoming fall, they looked forward to the start of the new school year. Whenever you think of fall you think of hoodies, falling leaves, football and of course pumpkins! With halloween around the corner almost every grocery or retail store is loading up on anything pumpkin themed or flavored.
Venturing into Target for my monthly reload on training pants for my daughter, I quickly saw a Halloween display that brought squeals from my 2 year old. She couldn’t wait to head over there to look at the candy and of course the little knick knacks Target puts out for halloween lovers. Spotting the Pumpkin flavored baking mixes was a cinch since the friendly Pillsbury Dough Boy was waving at us to come pick him up.
My first choice was to snag a box or two of the Pillsbury® Perfectly Pumpkin flavored Cake Mix, along with the Pillsbury® Creamy Supreme Cream Cheese Frosting. There is a Cartwheel for this so make sure you load this to your mobile app and save on the Pillsbury® Perfectly Pumpkin flavored Cake Mix. A recipe popped into my head that I just couldn’t wait to share with my family and friends. Since football season has commenced, my search for a dessert that can feed a crowd has been a tough one. Instead of bringing the same old desserts which are your typical grab and go snacks, I wanted to give something that would catch everyone’s attention.
That’s when the idea of a kid/adult friendly Pumpkin flavored Tiramisu popped into my head while in the Halloween section. To top off my tiramisu I needed something that wouldn’t scare away the little ones. While scanning the candy section I found some DOVE® Dark Chocolate Pumpkins available exclusively at Target. Aren’t they adorable! They were perfect for topping off this kid/adult friendly recipe. You can find some awesome savings for the Mar’s Chocolate using the Target Cartwheel App.
Instead of putting the regular coffee flavor syrup, I ran to the coffee aisle to search for some Dunkin’ Donuts® Pumpkin Spice Ground Coffee. This coffee is so wonderfully smooth I just know the kids will approve of this in their dessert. Have you ever pressed on the little buttons the ground coffee bags have to smell the coffee grounds? YUM! This coffee just smells like Fall. If you check the Target Cartwheel app they have an offer available for you to save 5% on your Dunkin’ Donuts Pumpkin Spice Ground coffee. YAY! Winning! There also some more great offers you can take advantage of in the Target Cartwheel App. Head over HERE now to check out all of the awesome savings you can score for your next trip to Target.I grabbed 2 year olds potty training pants and then headed to checkout. Since I already had all of the other ingredients needed at home I was basically ready to bake once I put all of my groceries away. I got my big mixing bowl, a hand mixer, and my favorite spatula then got to work.
- Pillsbury® Perfectly Pumpkin Cake Mix
- Pillsbury® Creamy Supreme Cream Cheese Frosting
- ¾ Cup of Dunkin' Donuts® Pumpkin Spice Coffee
- 1 Cup of Milk
- ½ Cup of Oil
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Pound of Mascarpone Cheese
- 1 Teaspoon of Vanilla
- 1 Cup of Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 Tablespoon of Butter
- 2 Tablespoons of Powdered Sugar
- 1 Bag of DOVE® Dark Chocolate Pumpkins
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pans). Grease 1 12 inch cake pan, line pan with cooking parchment paper and butter. Make cake mix as directed on box, but substitute the water for milk, add as directed the oil and eggs. Pour batter into pan.
- Bake 25 to 29 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pans to cooling racks. Cool completely.
- In small bowl, mix Dunkin' Donuts Pumpkin Spice coffee, and powdered sugar together. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, mix mascarpone cheese, 1 Container of Pillsbury Creamy Supreme Cream Cheese Frosting, and vanilla with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Add and Beat heavy whipping cream with electric mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form
- To assemble, cut each cake horizontally to make 2 layers. Place 1 cake layer on plate; moisten generously or as much as you want with coffee, then spread with about 1 cup of the filling. Repeat with remaining layer. Spread remaining filling over top and side of cake.
- Unwrap and shred 15-20 DOVE® Dark Chocolate Pumpkin's, carefully spread over top of the cake.
- Serve and enjoy!
What occasion would you make this recipe for?