Ready, Set, Hut 1, Hut 2. Hut, Hut! Who’s ready for some football!? I can’t hear you, Who’s ready for some Football Food! Woohoo! I could hear you screaming from over here! We represent the Team Foodie over here, meaning all things food is a winner! Even though game day is such a fun day, the foods we enjoy aren’t only for game day, they are for everyday!
My secret to making game day super fun, is finding foods that don’t take to long to prepare. Doing this allows me to free up my hands and my time, to allow me to enjoy the game or just the quality time with my family. Since it’s gameday, it wouldn’t be a complete party if I didn’t feature our favorite chili. Progresso Chili is the quick serve chili that cook’s in 5 and a half minutes, but it also allows me to pop it into a crock pot, and then walk away. I will throw a few bags of the Progresso Chili in the crock pot at least 4-6 hours before. By the time the party/game starts, the chili is perfectly bubbly and warm! Perfect for dipping things into.
My latest dippable recipe was a hit! I have made it at least half a dozen times already for the kids. During the game or just for dinner. I combined garlic, cheese, jalapenos and spinach, BAM! Yes, I said bam, I’m sorry I got excited. Anywho this recipe is so quick to make you will wonder why you haven’t made it before. I’m sure by now if you have seen any of my previous recipes, I simply LOVE cheese and garlic. It’s a relationship that has grown throughout the years.
How do you like to enjoy your Progresso Chili? Find more recipes and inspiration on how to enjoy your favorite Progresso Chili on this website. If you’re looking for any day recipe inspiration you can head over to Progresso’s main website. How do you like to enjoy your Progresso Chili? Let us know below.
- 1 French Baguette
- 4 Tablespoons of Garlic Butter
- 2 Cups of cheese (I used a mix of my favorite cheeses)
- 1 Jalapeno
- 2 Cups of Spinach
- 3 Tablespoons of Cream Cheese (Room Temperature)
- Preheat your oven to 350 Degrees. Cut your French Baguette in which ever size and shape you wish. I did mine at a slanted angle to make them as big as possible. (See photo below)
- Prep a baking sheet with wax paper, Lay the cut pieces of bread on the pan.
- Use a spatula to smooth out the garlic butter over each slice of bread, make sure to be generous.
- Spread the cream cheese over the top of the garlic butter on each slice of bread.
- In a mixing bowl combine your favorite cheese to make 2 cups of cheese. Use half of the cheese and cover each of the slices of bread. Then layer on the spinach.
- Add more cheese and then slices of jalapeno (I sliced mine very thin).
- Bake at 350 Degrees for 12 minutes or until the cheese is melted to your liking. Serve with a hot cup or bowl of Progresso Chili.