If you are planning to visit Hershey, PA during Christmas time here is a fun list of things you must do during your trip. The famous Hershey theme park isn’t the only amazing thing you can do here, there are so many other attractions and places you can indulge in delicious foods and of course chocolate. Read below and then comment and share your expierences in Hershey, PA during Christmas time.
1. The Hershey Theme Park. Of course, I would bring up the super sweet theme park that boasts some crazy fun roller coasters and more attractions. The Laff Trakk was so much fun, you can’t help but spin around and laugh as you are spun out of control around tight corners and in front of funhouse mirrors. During the winter season, Hershey offers collectible Hot Chocolate mugs that are designed by the children in the Penn. State Children’s Hospital. Refill and have fun at the park during the day and at night. The park is lit up with thousands of lights decorating the trees and buildings with holiday music that plays throughout the park.
2. Chocolate World. The name is exactly what this little world is, it is the home to the world’s biggest chocolate shop and once you see it in person you will know why. One of the best things you can do at Chocolate World is to create your very own candy bar. A fun feature that this world offers where you can create your own candy bar, and then design the packaging it will come in.
3. Sweet Lights. Take a drive with the family for a light show that they will remember for years, drive slow and sip your Hershey’s hot chocolate. Ask the kids to count how many reindeer they spot and see who was able to find the most. I was able to catch 9 on my trip but I know for sure there were way more!
4. Hershey Zoo After Dark/ Hershey Zoo In The Morning. Attending the Hershey Zoo after dark was such a fun experience. If feeding bears grapes and otters fish is your thing then this is the place you need to be after dark. The prices are super affordable and kid friendly, the staff give a great tour and did I mention you get to hold some of the animals? I held an owl called Luna, she was such a beautiful owl and she weighed less than a feather.
5. Hershey Trolley Ride. Hop on a Hershey troll ride during your next visit and learn about the history of this little yet big town. IF you like to be fed endless amounts of candy as you are riding around and receiving a history lesson about a town Milton M. Hershey helped build himself, then this is the trolley ride for you.
6. Hershey Lodge. The Hershey Lodge is a beautiful place to be in any time of the year, but during this time of the year the hotel is decorated beautifully with the Christmas Spirit we love and remember as a child. There is a beautifully decorated tree in the lobby of the hotel, as well as a fireplace that is open for all families to enjoy. Drink hot chocolate and sit by the fire with your loved ones in your pajamas.
7. Water Works at Hershey Lodge. This fun place is not only home to Hershey Lodges New Indoor/outdoor Mini Water Park, but it also houses the Lodge’s Kids Activity room and Arcade. The motto here is to play and have as much fun as you can. With planned activities in the kid’s room as well as a huge arcade, this place is so much fun for kids and adults alike. The 24-hour gym is also located here and offers many machines and a towel service that this mom loves.
8. Hershey Hotel. This exquisite hotel is the original Hershey Hotel that Milton M. Hershey envisioned his self. Through the years the hotel has grown and offered many new amenities for it’s guests to enjoy. The buffet styled breakfast is deliciously beautiful and perfect for families. The hotel has been restored and additions have been added on to give it’s guests a more luxurious experience. One of those experiences being their lovely Spa that offers wonderful services as well as a lunch buffet.
Full review of the Breakfast and some fun facts about the Hotel HERE.
9. Hershey Hotel Spa. This luxurious spa offers many services that adults can enjoy to the fullest during out visit to Hershey, PA. Featuring quiet rooms, and high-class services and all you can drink Hershey’s hot chocolate and candies. The lunch buffet is a must have while you are visiting this spa, it features delicious foods as well as desserts made by a world renowned pastry chef Cher Harris, CPEC – executive pastry chef.
Full Review of the Hotel Hershey Spa HERE.
10. Butterfly House Atrium in Hershey Gardens. Even though it is chilly outside, these butterflies in the Hershey Gardens are warm and happy. The new Butterfly House Atrium offers a year round place for children and adults alike to study and see butterflies up close all year round. The Butterflies fly around free in the atrium during the winter where you can be so close you could catch them in your own hands.
11. Catch A Bears Hockey Game. Stop by the Giant Center and catch a Bears Hockey game, with 10,000 seats including premium seating which I personally love. Enjoy the game with friends and family as you cheer on the Hershey Bears Hockey Team and take your chances at winning some awesome prizes. Get featured on TV and dance and wave at the camera.
12. Devons Seafood and Steak Resturant. Devon’s Seafood and Steak Resturant is by far one of the best restaurants I have ever been to. With their high-class flavor’s that this foodie can not stop thinking about down to the chef behind the meals there is so much for you to love here. The prices are family friendly and the food is fresh and made from scratch.