One of my favorite things to eat at our local Olive Garen restaurant is Chicken Gnocchi soup. I can’t tell you how upsetting it is when I find out I’m just a little bit too late and they are out of my favorite soup. Since I seem to be just a little bit too late to enjoy my favorite soup, I figured I had to come home and make my own version, in my Magic Pot of course!
I have tested this soup out with my family and a few other family members and I think I nailed it! It is even better the next day when you eat it at work or in your own kitchen. I love to add more spinach before I warm it up to give it that huge punch of spinach that I love. It’s super creamy and perfect for these cold winter days, or if your just craving some delicious creamy soup.
- 2 Chicken Breats
- 2 Cups of Chicken Stock
- ½ Cup of Chopped Celery
- 1 Cup of Chopped Onions
- 3 Tablespoons of Butter
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- 1 Teaspoon of Thyme
- 3 Cups of Half and Half
- 1 Cup of Shredded Carrots
- 1 Package of Gnocchi
- 2 Cups of Cut Spinach
- Turn on Pot and Press Saute or the Chicken/Meat Button. Saute the celery, and onions in the butter. Add salt and pepper to taste. Once the vegetables are ¾ cooked add the chicken breasts followed by the chicken stock and Thyme.
- Cover and cook for Manual 15 minutes on Low. Once the timer is done do a quick release and shred the chicken to the desired size.
- Turn on saute mode or press the Chicken/Meat Button again. Add the Half and Half and Shredded Carrots. Mix well and add the gnocchi.
- Let boil for 3-5 Minutes or until the gnocchi is cooked through.
- Add Spinach and stir, then serve immediately.
- Enjoy with a warm piece of garlic bread sticks or with your favorite slice of bread.