Disclosure: I partnered with Kia Motors as well as Six Flags America in this post, all thoughts and opinions expressed in this post are my own.
If you are in the Maryland area or plan to visit, head on over to Six Flags America for some fun for the whole family. Six Flags America is the go-to place for Looney Tunes fun for everyone, the theme park boasts not just insane roller coasters but also fun interactive shows and rides for the whole family. If you are ever in a pinch and your date of arrival to this fun theme park calls for rainy weather, don’t let that stop you from visiting the park. My family and I planned to visit Six Flags on a rainy day but still found tons of things to do while we are the park. We also stumbled upon an awesome Discover Kia Event happening in other Six Flags Parks, check out the information below.
If you are planning to go to the park and the weather calls for rain, read about my 8 Tips For Rainy Day Fun At Six Flags America. Not only can you still have a great time (so long as the park approves the weather safe for its visitors). Not only are there almost no lines for each of the rides, but you get to play in the rain!
1. Check The Weather. This is something I tend to forget to do whenever it comes to planning theme park visits. I usually check the day before I go which typically doesn’t leave me much time to get things situated. If you know the date of when you are going to visit check the weather for the park at least a week ahead of time, every other day until the day of the visit. This helps ensure you know what weather to expect and what you might need to make your day at the park a fun one. Let’s face it sometimes we can’t reschedule our visits, so why not make the most of them when we go?
2. Bring a Poncho, rain jacket, umbrella or all the above. I highly suggest you have all of these when you are visiting any park in the rain. If you only have access to a rain jacket no worries! Six Flags America sells ponchos and umbrellas for the whole family! Anyway you can keep dry and happy is always the way to go, My kids and I used the hand blow dryers in the bathroom for whenever we got a little too wet from our adventures.
3. Plan your trip ahead of time. Always look up the park ahead of time before you visit, this saves time and footsteps. Planning a visit can be tricky at times but when you know it’s going to rain it’s better to plan your visit ride for a ride. This way you can make sure you are picking rides with the least wait times and something the whole family can ride. Don’t forget to check out where the characters will be during your visit, so you can make sure you get all the selfies with them as your heart desires.
4. Know where all the Restrooms will be. I made the mistake of not looking up restrooms when I visited, this was a fatal mistake for me with a 4-year-old who tends to wait until the last possible moment to tell us she has to go potty. We also ended up running around the park to known restrooms we knew for sure were located at. Mapping out not just your visit to the park but also where restrooms are is a very important part of planning.
5. Catch a show. There are shows available in the park that offer shelter from the rain, we found a few such as EFX 360, Sword of Destiny, and Kickin’ it Country a Saloon with dinner and a show. Over in The Loony Tunes Movie Town, you can catch a Kids Club Dance Party. This dance party is perfect for the whole family, they also teach you how to do some fun dances that the kids loved.
6. Catch a dinner and a show. Catch a dinner show and stay dry, there is a tavern that sells some delicious food that can offer you shelter from the rain as well as a fun interactive show that your kids will surely enjoy. Not only is the food there good but they offer up some big slices of pie and cake that this mom can’t help but be happy about. If your not into catching a show while you eat you can head over to Johnny Rockets and catch some delicious burgers and milkshakes.
7. Rides you can enjoy in the rain. There are a lot of rides that stay open when it’s raining, we specifically looked for ones with Shelter or little exposure to the rain. During our search, we found a few that the kids really enjoyed and made the rainy weather seem much brighter. Six flags America offers theaters with specific showtimes for many different shows perfect for the whole family. They also have these rides below that my kids really enjoyed.
- Coyote Creek Crazy Cars
- Flying Carousel
- Great Race Antique Cars
- Tea Cups
- Zydeco Zinger
- Looney Tunes Prop Warehouse
- and so many more!
8. Research Events before you plan your trip date. I like to look up events that will be happening during the dates I want to visit a park. I’m known for switching a weekend or two out for another date simply because I know my family will enjoy a specific event coming up. During our recent visit, we were able to attend the Discover Kia Event that not only let me test drive my future car, but also gave me great insight on new and great things Kia is offering with their new 2017 line.
Watch My Experience Below
The Discover Kia Event was such a delight to experience, not only was the staff super knowledgeable about all the cars but they were so welcoming I felt at home during the entire time. The kids really enjoyed can their own up close and personal look at all the cars (pretend) driving it around in their minds. Taking the Kia Sedona on a test drive was so much fun I really didn’t want to leave the driver’s seat. I have fallen in love with the Kia Sedona and absolutely love the many features this minivan boasts.
Car Line Up:
- Soul EV (Full Electric)
- Niro (Hybrid)
- Optima (Hybrid)
In the video above you will see that the 2nd row offers a recliner option that my older kids really enjoys. They got to kick back and enjoy my crazy driving as if they were at home relaxing in their warm beds. If you are like me when it comes to driving my minivan and have found backing into spots or maybe doing the dreaded parallel park can be a challenge. With such a big vehicle you find yourself moving from one mirror to another, even if you have a backup camera it doesn’t catch those pesky blind spots. I love the bird’s eye view that is new with this vehicle where you get a complete 360 view of your surroundings that takes the guess work out of parking forever.
Don’t miss out on this event! Why should you come out and test drive one of Kia’s 2017 line of cars, well you not only get to experience the car in person but you will also receive $10 Bugs Bunny Bucks as well as a fast pass for one of the rides in the park. You heard that right they are giving away Bugs Bunny Bucks as well as fast passes to your ride of choice in the park! What are you waiting for planning your visit to one of the locations below!
Dates for all Upcoming Kia Six Flags Events:
- 5/13 – 5/15: Six Flags St. Louis
4900 Six Flags Rd, Eureka, MO 63025
- 5/27 – 5/29: Six Flags Discovery Kingdom
1001 Fairgrounds Drive SW, Vallejo, CA 94589
- 5/27 – 5/29: Six Flags New England
1623 Main St, Agawam, MA 01001
When was the last time you visited The Six Flags Theme Park? Which car would you pick to drive and why? Have you test driven a Kia lately?