Shrimp Pancit Noodles
I LOVE This recipe, my step mom taught me this recipe when I was 19 years old. This takes about 15 minutes to make.
~ 1 Bag of Rice Sticks (Bihon Style)
~1/4 a Cup of Soy Sauce
~3 Cloves of Garlic
~1 1/2 cups of water
~ 1 Table Spoon of brown sugar (optional)
~1-2 Cups of Cabbage (adjust to your liking) <–I use 2 cups! lol I love cabbage
~1 1/2 Cups of Raw Shrimp.
***OPTIONAL! YOU CAN SOAK YOU RICE NOODLES FOR 15 MINUTES IN WATER BEFORE ADDING IT TO THE SHRIMP AND CABBAGE! IT WILL CUT DOWN THE COOKING TIME AND STIRRING TIME. I PERSONALLY DON’T DO THIS BECAUSE I LOVE TO FLIP THE NOODLES IN THE PAN WITH THE SHRIMP AND CABBAGE***
- Heat A Big Pot with oil (the pot you use to make spaghetti).
- Chop up garlic and cabbage then Add to Pot with hot oil
- Season with some salt and pepper
- Let this Fry for a 2-3 Minutes stirring constantly
- Throw in the shrimp and keep stirring until all of the shrimp is light pink
- Quickly add your soy sauce, water and brown sugar
- Turn Heat down to MED and then add your Rice Sticks
- Push the Rice sticks into the pot until they are completely submerged.
- Let Boil for a minute or so then flip the bottom side of the noddles to the top.
- Keep flipping the bottom noodles to the top until most of the liquid is gone.
- If your noodles are still to hard for your taste add a splash of soy sauce and 1/2 a cup of water and repeat flipping.
- When liquid is gone take pot off of heat and keep flipping.
- Serve this HOT or COLD!