Who doesn’t love the taste of grilled chicken? Add in some homemade teriyaki sauce and you’ve got a party! Well atleast thats how it happened at my house. Something about firing up a grill makes the whole family come together, and with a grill comes food of course! I tried out my homemade teriyaki sauce and it was a hit! WOOHOO! Now I can indulge in a perfectly balanced sauce at home BAM!
– 7 cloves garlic,
– minced 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
– black pepper to taste
– 2/3 cup mirin (Japanese sweet rice wine)
– 1 cup soy sauce
– 4 1/2 teaspoons rice vinegar
– 1 teaspoon sesame oil
– 1/3 brown sugar
- Mix mirin in a medium size mixing bowl, pour in soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, and sugar. Season with garlic, ginger, and black pepper. Store in a tightly sealed container in the refrigerator.
- Let your meat marinate for at least 30 minutes before cooking.
- *Optional* but if you would like you can cook the teriyaki sauce in a sauce pan on simmer for 10 minutes, let cook and then marinate your meat.