Fresh and healthy was my motivation for this recipe. My kids grandmother loves this oatmeal brand and has been known to eat this raw as a healthy snack. Taking ahold of her idea I decided to add some blueberries and some delicious yogurt topping to round off this healthy treat.
I am always looking for on the go recipes since most days me and the kids are flying out of the door. This recipe can be made the night before and then refrigerated. Pull them out in the morning and cut to whichever size your family likes, then serve with a glass of orange juice or milk. Take it on the go by cutting and wrapping in plastic wrap the night before. Just pop them into the fridge to sit overnight and then grab and go with your coffee tumbler.
I also love how this recipe can be used when you have fruit that is about to go bad. Right before it’s past it’s last breath throw them in this and serve them for breakfast. I have been known to do this with strawberries, bananas and blueberries. It’s such a great recycle recipe when you seem to have bought to much fruit or maybe the kids didn’t attack it like they normally do.
- Oat Bars:
- 4 tbsp margarine
- 3 tbsp agave
- 3 tbsp peanut butter
- 2.5 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup blueberries
- Yogurt Drizzle Topping:
- ½ Cup of vanilla coconut yogurt
- 3 tsp orange juice
- Preheat oven to 340 degrees.
- In a 10x10 or 12x12 baking pan line it with parchment paper OR spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a
sauce pancombine peanut butter, margarine, and agave.
- Mix in rolled oats.
- Pour in ¾ the oat mixture in the baking pan, spread to coat the entire bottom of the pan.
- Pour over the top of the oat mixture the blueberries. Spread out evenly.
- Top with the remaining mixture of the oats and then bake in the oven for 20 minutes, or until the ends brown.
- Let sit and cool on the counter, in a mixing bowl combine your vanilla coconut yogurt and orange juice, refrigerate until the oat bars have completely cooled. Top the bars with this sauce as much as you would like or as litter.
- Cut into squares or rectangles, serve immediately or individually wrap and refrigerate them for up to 3 days. Or freeze them for future use.