I love these holiday themed marshmallow dippers! They are so much fun to make and then even more fun to dip inside of your hot chocolate! For our hot chocolate, we made a special recipe which you can find here, it’s Eggnog Hot Chocolate yum! For our Marshmallow dippers we made a snowman, a gingerbread man, and a reindeer! These were so easy you make a whole batch of these within an hour. So long as you have your little elves (your kids of course or whoever wants to join in) to help with the creation process.
To accompany these cute dippers we paired them with an Eggnog Hot Chocolate Recipe. Which you can head over here to find. It’s so rich and delicious, and oh so wonderful to drink on Christmas eve. It’s also super convenient since you can make this recipe in your slow cooker.
Gingerbread Men Tip: Let the royal icing/ white chocolate dry completely and then dip them into the water QUICKLY and then into your gingerbread seasoning mix you made. Be quick and careful because they men are true to their story where they would like to run run as fast as they can off of your sticks. Just be careful and have fun.
- Holiday Decorated Sturdy Straws
- 1 Bag of Large Marshmallows
- Candy Eyes
- Ground Ginger
- Ground Cinnamon
- White Chocolate or Royal Icing
- Cup of water
- Snowman: Place two marshmallows on a stick, with melted chocolate or royal icing place two m&m's for Ear muffs. Use Candy eyes for the snowman's eyes, Or you can use twizzlers.
- You can see photos below for more info on how they should look.
- Cut up twizzlers and use them for a nose, mouth, scarf and buttons. Let the kids be creative.
- Use royal icing or melted chocolate to attach the snowman's ski's at the base. Let dry completely before standing him up.
- Gingerbread Man: Place two marshmallows on a stick, with melted chocolate or royal icing attach 4 small marshmallows as arms and legs. See photo below on how it should look.Let the gingerbread man completely dry. In a separate bowl mix together ginger and cinnamon to make a gingerbread coating. Mix it to however you would like for it to be flavored. Make sure to have enough so that you can completely coat the gingerbread man.
- In a tall cup QUICKLY dunk your gingerbread man into the cup and quickly and lightly transfer him to the bowl of gingerbread mix. If any of the legs or arms fall off just quickly use more royal icing or melted chocolate to attach them back on. Decorate your gingerbread man with Candy Eyes M&M's for buttons, and twizzlers for his mouth and nose.
- Reindeer: Put one large marshmallow on a stick, dunk it in the glass of water and ten quickly roll it in the gingerbread mix. bread a pretzel in half to make the two antlers. Stick them in the side of the marshmallows, and then use royal icing or melted chocolate to attach candy eyes and a red m&m as a nose.
- Have fun and enjoy!