Start your morning off right with this deliciously sweet Banana Blueberry stuffed French Toast. This recipe is perfect for families and is so easy to make. I like to make this on the weekends for the kids for our big Saturday Breakfast’s. This recipe along with some delicious turkey bacon or scrapple is so good! It all starts with some delicious sliced Challah bread, stuff some fresh fruit inside and you have a deliciously balanced breakfast. If you missed my previous post I shared a Caramel Apple Stuffed French Toast Recipe. It’s the same concept as this recipe except that recipe is stuffed with Gala apples, and a delicious butterscotch caramel sauce. It’s so easy to make and tastes oh so delicious.
I used my mom’s basic recipe for her famous french toast that she used to make for me and my brother when we were little. Those were some delicious Saturday mornings might I add. Since I loved her recipe so much and wanted to give this experience to my kids, I copied her original ecipe but pumped it up with my own flare. You can always pull back on the sugar used in this recipe and substitute it for a different sugar. You can use Agave or honey, the possibilities are endless with this recipe. If we ever have leftovers the kids will snack on this during the day. I just cut the french toast into rectangles so they can just dip them in syrup whenever they are hungry. When’s the last time you had french toast?
If we ever have leftovers the kids will snack on this during the day. I just cut the leftovers into rectangles so they can just dip them in syrup whenever they are hungry. When’s the last time you had french toast?
- 1 Cup of Blueberries
- 2 Bananas
- ¼ Cup of Sugar
- 1 Loaf of sliced Challah Bread
- 4 Eggs
- ½ Cup of milk
- 1 Teaspoon of Cinnamon
- 1 Stick of butter
- In a medium mixing bowl, add the blueberries and cut banana's. Mix in lightly the sugar and then set in the fridge.
- In a casserole dish crack 4 eggs, add cinnamon and milk and combine. Dip one by one the sliced challah bread.
- In a cast iron pan or in an large pan insert 1 tablespoon of butter (you will repeat this for every single new pan of french toast you need to make. You can pull back on the butter or add more if you like.
- Once you have prepared all of the slices you will need to simply put 1 slice on a plate, then add the Banana Blueberries. Top with powdered sugar and maple syrup.
- Serve and Enjoy!