As Valentine’s Day is fast approaching we are all scrambling to get the perfect gift. Everything from teddy bears to chocolate candies, everyone is rushing to pick out the perfect gift. This year why not gift your Valentine, or friends and family a delicious fudgy brownie? It’s fudgy, filled with butterscotch candy, and then topped with more candy and sprinkles! Yum!
What’s your favorite Valentine’s Day memory? Was it as a child or as an adult? I have many childhood memories that are filled with tons of candy and cards. As an adult, I feel like I lost touch with that fun side of Valentine’s Day. This year I will bring it all back with a few different Valentine’s Day recipes like this one. If you are looking for more recipes I have a Strawberry filled Cupcakes Recipe, as well as, a Cherry filled Cupcake Recipe available. They are red velvet cupcakes filled with fresh fruit cooked to perfection. Then topped with chocolate ganache, oh yeah! What was your most memorable gift that you gave or received?
For this recipe, I used the ingredients listed below. For the best results for dipping the brownies in chocolate, I used the popular Chocolate Melts in a double broiler method. After I cut out the brownies I dipped the bottoms of the brownies in the melted chocolate. It helped hold the brownie together and gave it a boost of delicious chocolaty flavor. Topped them with my favorite Valentine’s day heart candies and cute sprinkles.
- 1 Cup of Unsweetened Coca Powder
- ½ Teaspoon of Baking Soda
- ⅓ Cup of Vegetable Oil
- ½ Cup of Boiling Water
- 2 Cups of White Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Cup of Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- ⅓ Cup of Vegetable Oil
- 1⅓ Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 Teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- ¼ Teaspoon of Salt
- 1 Bag of Pink Chocolate Melts
- 1 Bag of Red Chocolate Melts
- 2 Tablespoons of Crisco
- PREHEAT over to 350 Degrees. Grease a 9×13 Inch pan.
- In a large bowl, Stir together the coca and baking soda. Add ⅓ Cup vegetable oil and boiling water. mix until well blended and thickened..
- Stir in sugar, Eggs, and remaining ⅓ cup oil. Add flour, Vanilla and salt; Mix well. Spread evenly into greased pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes. Let cook before using heart shaped cookie cutter.
- Using the double boiler method melt 1 tablespoon of crisco per bag of chocolate, melt the chocolate down and then dip the heart shaped brownie's bottom side. Let dry on wax paper, once completely dried dip half way of the heart and then top with sprinkles or fun candies.
- Pack and gift! Enjoy!