It’s that time of the year where you can finally throw on a pair of sandals and open your homes windows, letting out all of that wintertime dust and aroma. While all of us are concentrating on our living rooms, and bedrooms we can’t forget to Spring Clean out bathrooms. Here are 3 simple steps to ensure you Spring Clean your bathroom the right way.
1. Declutter the entire bathroom, especially the shower caddy and under the sink! There may be random half empty or fully empty tubes of toothpaste under your sink, as well as tiny bars of soap the kids just won’t get rid of. I mean once its the size of a penny I think it’s safe to toss, but my boys love to hang on to them and keep trying to use them. If you share a bathroom with your kids, get remove all unnecessary toys!
2. Wipe down all surfaces wash and dry all your towels and shower curtains. Spray all of your surfaces with a product like Disinfectant Scrubbing Bubbles® Bathroom Cleaner. My bathroom is slowly being upgraded, meaning it still hosts old faucets from 1992 when the house was first build.
Did you know that Disinfectant Scrubbing Bubbles® Bathroom Cleaner:
- Kills 9% of viruses^ and bacteria*
- Cleans and disinfects almost all your bathroom surfaces
- Kills odor-causing bacteria
- Expands into hard-to-reach places
- Formulated for cleaning soap scum, hard water stains, dirt and more
- Deodorizes your bathroom and leave behind a pleasant scent
^When used as directed kills Herpes Simplex Virus Type 1, Herpes Simplex Virus Type 2, Influenza A (H1N1) Virus, Respiratory Syncytial Virus, Rotavirus. **Staphylococcus aureus (Staph), Salmonella enterica (Salmonella), Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Enterobacter aerogenes, Escherichia coli (0157:H7) (E. coli), Listeria monocytogenes, Methicillin Resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA).
Although my faucets are from 1992, the toilet was very recently updated to a brand new 2016 model. Although this is a fairly new toilet, it doesn’t mean it’s out of the clutches of becoming oh so dirty with my kids using it. There is things I thought I would never have to say until I became a mother, but phrases like “aim for the middle” is something that is often repeated in this household.
With backsplashes and misses, it’s almost a daily chore to clean up after these growing boys. That’s why I really love the Scrubbing Bubbles® Bathroom Cleaner product. You spray and then let it sit, and it does all the work for you, all you need to do is wipe it off after waiting 5 minutes. It’s almost like magic how easily everything comes off with this product.
3. Wash and dry all your towels and shower curtains. If you have any towels that seem to be kicking the bucket at this point DO NOT THROW THEM AWAY! You can recycle those towel and make cleaning rags out of them. The good thing about turning them into cleaning rags is that for 1 you are saving money on buying new sponges for your dirty jobs, 2 when you think it’s beyond sanitizing you can toss it once and for all without feeling as though you are throwing away money.
You can find the Disinfectant Scrubbing Bubbles® Bathroom Cleaner, as well as other Scrubbing Bubbles® products for your home at your local Walmart store locations. I found my go to product in the cleaning aisle, I opted for the Disinfectant Scrubbing Bubbles® Bathroom Cleaner so that I could do the whole room in one quick sweep. It was super easy to do this and so affordable, I still have over half a can left meaning I can go back during my normal cleaning routines and use this product again.
I always make sure I have a few can’s of these in stock just in case I want to go crazy and “Spring Clean” during the middle of the week. With them offering 10% more in each can and at such a low price, it’s a no-brainer for this mom to grab a few at a time. When’s the last time you used Scrubbing Bubbles® products? Do you have any bathroom spring cleaning tips you would like to share that wasn’t covered?