There is nothing like a refreshing cup of ice cold Strawberry Lemonade on a warm sunny day. Matter of fact, I think the only thing better than this is an all natural cup of Strawberry Lemonade made with organic fruits and sugar. To start at the beginning, my love for Strawberry Lemonade started with a visit to my local Cheesecake Factory Resturant. They offer bottomless Lemonades which are freshly made each day and might I say YUM they are so good.
It was so delicious I just has to go home and make my own healthy version of this amazing drink. During this time of the year, you can head over to a local strawberry farm and pick your own strawberries. If you are like my family we love fresh and when we mean fresh we mean freshly picked by our own hands. At times we can get carried away and pick way more than we intended to. So with our extra strawberries, we love to make desserts and of course drinks!
This recipe is perfect for our overly picked strawberries that we love so much, that is, if any of them make it into the recipes as my children tend to eat as we bake and create. You can also head over to your local grocery store and grab a few packs of strawberries if you aren’t planning to head to a farm to pick strawberries anytime soon. I like to buy organic so I was able to turn this recipe for my family into an organic one. If you want to use non-organic that is totally fine, the recipe stays completely the same.
I love to have chunks of strawberries in my Strawberry Lemonade, so in this version, I only required you to blend your strawberries just a tiny bit. If you would rather not have any chunks you can blend the strawberries for a bit longer until the consistency is the way you would like them to be. I personally love to find small chunks of the strawberries in my cup. I also added a bunch of cut fresh strawberries and lemons for more of your nibbling pleasure.
Please come back and let me know what you think about my recipe, and if your family enjoyed it. Enjoy!
- 1 Gallon Pitcher
- 6 oz's of Strawberries
- 6 Lemons
- 2 Cups of Organic Sugar (you can take away or add this amount according to your liking)
- 2 Tablespoons of Organic Sugar
- 2 oz's of Strawberries
- 3 Lemons
- 3-4 Cups of Ice
- 2-4 Cups of Water
- Wash and cut off the tops of the strawberries,add 2 tablespoons of sugar and blend together in a blender until it reaches the consistency you like.
- Juice 6 Lemons and then set aside.
- Slice 2 oz's of Strawberries and 3 Lemons
- In the Gallon Pitcher add the Lemon Juice and Strawberry Juice, and sugar, mix well.
- Add the Ice and Water until the pitcher is full, mix well.
- Add the sliced Strawberries and Lemon's
- To rim the glasses take a small saucer and pour on a small layer of the sugar, line the rim's of your glasses with a fresh lemon. Then press the rim's onto the sugar until fully coated. Repeat for every glass.
- Pour your Fresh Strawberry Lemonade into your cups and serve with sliced strawberries and lemons on the side. ENJOY!