This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser, Dr Pepper/Seven Up, Inc. All opinions are my own. #SummerOfFloats
When I think of summer, I think of warm days by the pool, cold drinks, good food and amazing memories. Summer is definitely here and it’s time to play, eat good food and enjoy delicious drinks! One of the many great things about having kids is experiencing your favorite childhood memories with them. One of my favorite childhood memories is drinking a delicious ice cold ice cream float. How much fun is it when your child finds what you found fun way back when the dinosaurs roamed? That’s what my kids say when I refer to when I was a child. Among the many things I love to re-experience with my kids, I love to share the yummy foods and drinks I enjoyed when I was little during this time of the year.
I remember when I would play a great game of soccer and my team would celebrate by heading to the nearest diner. My favorite thing to get at these diners were ice cream floats with Dr Pepper®. They were so good and really made everything so much more special. Fast forward to the present time, and you will find out not only is the Dr Pepper® still around, but they now have a cherry flavored soda. My kids love cherries and love their Dr Pepper®, so I was super excited to share with my kids my over the top way of enjoying my favorite flavored float.
I have peanut lovers and non-peanut lovers in my home, so I shared how to create this deliciously over the top Dr Pepper® Cherry Float with and without the peanuts.
Every recipe starts with a trip to one of our favorite stores, Target. We shop here so often that the kids know exactly which aisle to go down to be able to get their favorite soda and ice cream. To snag our delicious Dr Pepper® Cherry soda, we head over to the soda aisle and pick up a 12-pack and a few 2 liters. Next, we find our ice cream of choice, which today, was the Archer Farms 48 oz Ice Cream. The kids love their “fancy” flavors which go great with their “fancy” over the top float. The possibilities are endless with the ice cream pairings you can get with this recipe using the Archer Farms Ice Cream.
Now is one of the best times to take advantage of some great deals at Target for a ton of your favorite sodas. Right now you can load a 5% OFF 2L or Mini Cans of A&W®, Sunkist®, 7UP®, Canada Dry®, Dr Pepper®, and more to your Cartwheel. This offer is available from 6/26-7/30. You can also take advantage on a stock-up offer for some Archer Farms Ice Cream to make the most of your floats. Right now you can Buy any two Archer Farms 48 oz Ice-Creams, Get a FREE 2L or 6-pack Mini Cans A&W®, Sunkist,® 7UP®, Canada Dry® and More.
My family loves to enjoy Ice Cream Floats and especially enjoys drinking them with one of their newest flavored sodas – Dr Pepper® Cherry. Although the soccer season is over and the kids are just enjoying the beautiful weather, I love to make these Over The Top Dr Pepper® Cherry Floats while we lounge around the pool or for fun backyard picnics. My kids make the same faces I did at their age when they see these floats being made. The best part in their eyes is when they are finally able to top their floats with whatever they want and with how much ever they want. Feels so good to be able to share my childhood happy memory with them, and create a new one for them to remember and experience with their kids.
When is the last time you made an ice cream float? If you are looking for more inspiration, you can find more ways to celebrate the Summer of Floats here!
- Dr Pepper® Cherry Soda
- 48 ozs of Archer Farms Ice Cream (any flavor) Found at Target
- 1 Bag of Chocolate Chips (sweetened of unsweetened)
- 1 Jar of Maraschino Cherries
- Chocolate Syrup
- Whipped Cream
- Float glasses
- optional: peanuts
- In a double broiler method melt down the chocolate chips slowly stir the chocolate until it just starts to melt (do not over cook this chocolate).
- Take your float glasses and generously dip them top first into the chocolate,
- (optional) Then dip the glass straight into the peanuts or which ever nut topping you would like. If someone in your home has an allergy to nuts please skip step of the recipe.
- To top the glasses with the Maraschino Cherries, simply dip the cherries into the chocolate and then lightly place them on top of the glass rim.
- Let sit for a minimum of 5 minutes before you start to create the floats.
- Choose your favorite Archer Farms Ice Cream flavor and then load up the glass with how much ice cream you would like in your float.
- Then pour in your Dr Pepper® Cherry Soda, top with whipped cream, marshmallows, more Maraschino Cherries and more chocolate sauce.