It’s already time for kids to head back to school. Where did the time go? It seems like just yesterday we were visiting Kings Dominion, having a blast, and having a carefree summer. My oldest kids are ready to head back to school, but I’m not ready for them to head back to school. That means getting homework completed, bath time, and getting dinner served all within a reasonable hour.
During the weekdays, I prefer to make something quick and simple that is packed full of flavor. I remember when I was little, my mother would be frying up chicken strips in the kitchen while I sat there finishing up my homework. My kids have a giggle when I tell them about the “golden days” which is what they call it when I was little and my mother did things like this with me.
One of these recipes that I remember most that my mother made was Spicy Chicken Strips. To this day, I can still remember the smell of the flour mixture hitting the hot oil and frying to a golden delicious color. Remembering how easy and how quick she was in and out of the kitchen on school nights gave me the most wonderful idea. I decided to give my mother’s recipe a makeover and serve it for dinner.
Spicy Chicken Strips are a great dinner for school nights. Not only does it take a few minutes for it to fry up, but it is packed full of flavor and my kids love it. If you want to get in and out of the kitchen as quick as possible, you can premix the mixture and have it set aside and ready to go when you are.
I hope you enjoy my Spicy Chicken Strips as much as my kids and I did. If you make this during the school week, share it with me on Facebook or Twitter. Make sure to check out our other dinner recipes.
- 1 Pound chicken breasts
- 1½ Cup flour
- 1½ Cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tsp salt
- 1 Tsp paprika
- 1 Tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tsp pepper
- BBQ Sauce
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Grease a baking tray.
- In a bowl, mix the Panko bread crumbs with the salt, paprika, garlic powder and pepper. Set aside.
- Whisk the eggs and set aside as well.
- Thinly slice the chicken breasts. Coat with the flour, dip in the egg and coat in the Panko bread crumbs.
- Place on the baking pan and repeat the process with the rest of the stripes.
- Take to the oven and bake for 25 minutes or until done.
- Serve with BBQ sauce and enjoy.
- You can also deep fry them instead of baking them.