Perfect for any night, these Spicy Buttery Chicken Wings are so easy to make and oh so delicious. The inspiration for these Spicy Buttery Chicken Wings started with a visit to my local Vietnamese restaurant. I think I can speak for everyone when I say the word “buttery” would catch anyone’s eye on a Vietnamese food menu. Of course, I had to see what this was all about so I ordered it and asked for a spicy. When I say spicy I mean my spicy is probably not the same as your’s, I’m not able to share these with my kids and I’m actually okay with that in times like these *insert evil laugh*.
As the story continues I take one bite and I say oh my goodness I must make these at home! But I must make it easy enough for me to feed my football team (my 4 kids). It takes a few pounds of chicken wings to satisfy my kid’s hunger, and of course, I help out with the chore of leaving no leftovers. I mean that’s what mom’s do right? Mom’s help their little ones with things that are too delicious, oh I mean too difficult for them to do on their own? Right? Yeah! Of Course!
Anyways to make a long story short I found a way to make these in mass quantities at home, with just a few ingredients. You can find these ingredients in just about any local grocery store. For the Syrup, I used Golden Eagle Syrup which was great because it gave it that slight hit of sweet that I wanted, and also thickened up the sauce and held it together so perfectly.
I hope you enjoy this recipe and come back and share with us what your football team, I mean family thinks about it.
- 1-2lb's of Chicken wings
- 1 Cup of Flour
- Salt and Pepper
- ⅓ Cup of Golden Eagle Syrup
- 3 Tablespoons of Sriracha
- 2-3 Tablespoons of Sweet Thai Chili Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon of Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 Tablespoons of Salt
- 1 Stick of Butter
- Preheat a skillet frying pan with vegetable oil.
- In a mixing bowl combine the flour, salt and pepper.
- Toss the chicken wings in the flour and then fry on each side for 10-15 minutes, or until fully cooked and golden brown on each side.
- In a separate mixing bowl melt a stick of butter for 20 seconds on high. Using a fork stir until smooth, combine your sriracha sauce, red pepper flakes, salt and Golden Eagle Syrup. Mix until well blended. Set aside till the chicken wings are fully cooked.
- Once chicken wings are fully cooked, while still hot toss the chicken wings and sauce in a large mixing bowl until well covered. Garnish with Cilantro and serve immediately.