Cold weather always equals germs, germs, germs! Not just any germs, but the vicious cold and flu germs that can turn any day into a horrible day. When I think back to my old school days I remember so many unsanitary things I used to do as a child. Things like not washing my hands before I eat, even though I was playing with that questionable small animal at recess. Or other things like touching everything in sight because hey, I was a kid I did that a lot. As a matter of fact, all of my kids touch everything in sight, what’s up with that?
Fast forward a few decades and I am now a mother of 4 who’s kids who love to touch and get into everything. To help battle the vicious school germs I like to teach my kids these 5 tips to help battle School Cold and Flu Germs. At the heart of every cold or flu there is always a go to tissue that can handle all of the nasty stuff you or your child can sneeze out of you. It’s amazing how small things like using a tissue for sneezes can make a big difference in preventing or soothing cold and flu’s.
1. Always cover your nose when you sneeze! This is so important and can be done using many different things, I highly recommend you use a facial tissue. My kids look for comfortable and soothing facial tissues so I always reach for the Puffs Plus Lotion Tissues. Puffs Plus Lotion Tissues are America’s #1 lotion tissue and is dermatologist tested to be gentle on sensitive skin. If needed I will pack a few extra tissues inside of a sandwich bag to carry around in my pocket. I’m always prepared I’d like to say!
2. Thoroughly Hand Washing. Teaching your kids how to properly wash your hands is very important when battling germs. As a child, I remember when I used to just run water on my hands and run out of the bathroom as quick as possible. This time around, I have been teaching my children that cleanliness is very important and that getting in between each finger and under their nails is an important step of keeping away germs. A proper handwash can kill many germs and leave that cold and flu at bay.
3. Get Serious About Stocking Up. Having a large stockpile of essentials is a must for all types of families. My family is constantly going through food and household essentials. Whenever I have the chance I like to visit our local Sam’s Club for the bulk packs of the kid’s snacks, sandwich bags and also the paper products we need. I like finding stuff like the Puffs Plus Lotion in 10 packs, they are big enough to last us through fall and winter.
4. Make Sure Your School is Supplied Properly. Many of you may know the struggle of many classrooms across our country. Their need to keep things in stock for the children is very high towards the middle and end of the year. Right around the time kids need them the most, tissues dwindle, and the teachers are left purchasing the needed supplies for their classroom. To help out with this need I like to take my kids to Sam’s Club and purchase the 10 Packs. It’s big enough to split between my 3 kids classrooms and leaves 1 extra box for my home.
5. When All Else Fails Use Hand Sanitizer and Tissues. When the cold has come and everything else has failed, use hand sanitizer to keep the germs you have from spreading. Stay clean and comfortable by using the Puffs Plus Lotion Tissues. They are so smooth and glide along your nose, preventing that horrible red burn that I think everyone hates.
These extra special tissues can be found in the toilet paper and tissue paper aisle or online here. With so many choices this should be your number one this year. buying in bulk is a must for my home, we buy 2 of the 10 packs at a time when we visit our local Sam’s Club. 1 of the packs goes to our home and the other pack gets divvied up to my kid’s classrooms.
When was the last time you used a Puffs Tissue? Was it for a cold, flu, heart break, touching movie, allergies or was it for a happy moment? Leave your story below and share it with others.
Now that you have learned about some great tips for keeping those pesky cold and flu germs at bay you can now enter into an awesome giveaway. Enter to win one $250 Sam’s Club gift card to have and then $250 Sam’s Club gift card to give. Share the soothing softness of Puffs Plus Lotion with your family and friends!