This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #mixinmoments #CollectiveBias
My family is officially back into the groove of school, sports and everything in between. This is technically our 2nd year of public school which means we are still learning about what works for us. Being a big family means we tend to have a lot of things going on at the same time. Those being the many sports the kids love to play as well the other 1 million things they want to do after school.
As many of you know I have a day job which keeps me busy while the big kids are off in school learning how to be a future doctor, architect, and an amazing book writer. Life in our household is busy, busy, busy! We are seemingly always on the go and need to have our food reflect that. Eating our at restaurants or fast food places is very nice and we strive to have those family dinners at least once a week.
To be honest, there is nothing like having a home cooked meal or something homemade to take with you while you are on the go. It helps keep you centered and helps bring a peace of your loving home with you when you are away sticking to hectic schedules. My kids love their sweets and let’s face it, I do too. To satisfy my kids hungry and humongous sweet tooths I like to pick up some easy to make NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Brownies & More with chocolate morsels Baking mix.
To make ours have a little bit of pop, and to keep the kids guessing I like to dip our brownies in chocolate and cover them with the kids favorite candies and sprinkles. It’s so simple and easy to do, you only need a few ingredients to be able to pull this off. All of the football Mom’s will thank you when you bring a batch of these to your next football Game.
I start this recipe off by visiting my local Food Lion Grocery Store and then taking a stroll down the baking section. Any of the NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Baking Mixes will work for this recipe. Why do I love the NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Baking Mixes, because they have NO artificial flavors or colors, um hello! That’s awesome! There is also that thing that all mom’s love, versatility with these baking mixes. There are so many possibilities in combinations and spin-offs you could do with the NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Baking Mixes.
My kids had a huge debate in the store about which brownie mix to get, so we ended up getting both of them. It actually worked out great for my family because we were able to satisfy both of our decadent sweet tooths as well as our peanut butter obsession. The kids love to wrap them and take them to school for their mid-day snacks. As well as grab and nibble on in the car as we are on our way to the next Tae Kwon Do Class.
You can find more information about these mixes and amazingly delicious recipes on VeryBestBaking.com and also here. You can also save some cash with ibotta by purchasing one of the products, snap a photo of your receipt, Submit and collect $0.75 here!
Are you an on the go family like us? When’s the last time you packed some homemade brownies for your kid’s snacks? What candies and sprinkles would your little ones like to have on their super delicious Chocolate Dipped Brownies?
- 1 Box of NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Brownies & More with chocolate morsels Baking mix (all ingredients required to prepare this mix)
- 1 Cup of NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® white chocolate chips
- 1 Cup of NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® butterscotch chips
- ½ cup of your choice of sprinkles
- 1 Tablespoon of butter
- In a 9x9 square pan Butter parchment paper to fit the pan.
- Prepare the NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Brownies & More with chocolate morsels Baking mix as directed. Set aside to let cool to room temperature.
- With the double broiler method heat up about 1½ cups of water in a sauce pan. Using a metal bowl that can sit atop of the sauce pan bring to a boil and then keep on low/medium heat.
- Add in your while or milk chocolate and then stir frequently until the chocolate is completely melted and at a liquid state.
- Take your now room temperature brownies and dip them into the chocolate half way. Have you kids help out and top those brownies with sprinkles or more chocolate chips. The possibilities are endless.