It’s football season! You know what that means right? Game day snacks are a must and to keep your family fueled and cheering on your favorite football team you need a snack that will keep them going. Throughout the years we have tried many recipes and have found a few that are not only super delicious but super easy to make. They take almost no time to make and are super customizable. These aren’t just great Game Day Snacks they are also great for Taco Tuesday. With the Taco Boats, it makes it easy for your team players to grab and eat while they cheer on their favorite team.
My family loves seafood, so when I came across this idea the kids were more than happy to try my new recipe. To switch things up a little but I decided to move away from the traditional taco seasoning and wanted to adventure out and try different flavor combinations. To get the most out of this recipe I like to make a little taco bar station on game day and set out all of the layers of food they can pile on. These Taco Boats are so good at holding up to our appetites, we have so many opportunities to add on or add more of whatever we want, without worrying about the boat tipping over.
3 Tips For Game Day Snacks
1. Easy. you need something that will be super easy to make and you can whip on in a jiffy. Choose ingredients and snacks that can be made at the same cooking times along side one another in the over or on the stove top.
2. Offer A Snack Bar. I like to offer a snack table/bar for my family to pick from. This cuts down my serving time and allows for them to customize the way they want their food to be put together. When I set up Taco Bars I like to separate the ingredients into medium to large size bowls for the kids to pick from. It’s less of a mess to clean up and it allows for them to be creative.
3. Make it Fun. Decorate your Snack Bar and food table with some fun Game Day decor. You can find the latest an greatest in party supplies at your local Walmart.
When it comes to finding the best taco boat there is, I like to reach for the Old El Paso Taco Boats that can be found at your local Walmart. They come as kits and also as Mini Taco Boats, they can be found in the Mexican Food Section. For my recipe, I highly recommend that you use the Old El Paso Taco Boats, paired with the Old El Paso Traditional Refried Beans. This power combo brings out the delish in this delicious meal. My boys love to top their Garlic Butter Shrimp Taco Boats with Siracha Sauce. I personally love the extra kick, while my girls love
I really hope your family likes our recipe and that you can come back and tell us what they thought. If you would like to see all of the other Old El Paso products you can use with this same recipe, you can head over HERE and check out all of the other options.
- 1lb of Deveined and Peeled Shrimp
- 1 Old El Paso Taco Boat Kit
- 1 Old El Paso Traditional Refried Beans
- ½ Stick of Butter
- Fresh Cilantro
- 6 Cloves of Garlic
- 1 Avocado
- ½ Container of Cherry Tomatoes
- 2 Lemons
- 1 tsp of Salt
- Pinch of Pepper
- Optional Shredded Cheese
- Mince the Garlic and then set aside, On a cutting board cut the cherry tomatoes into 4 quarters, and set in a small mixing bowl. Add the diced avocado and then squeeze 1 whole lemon into the bowl, toss in fresh cilantro and then set aside in the fridge.
- In a small sauce pan warm up the Old El Paso Traditional Refried Beans, keep on a simmer until all of the food is finished cooking.
- In a medium frying pan melt 2 tablespoons of butter and then add the garlic. Fry for a minute and then add the shelled and deveined shrimp, toss for about 3-4 minutes until about half way cooked. Add the remainder butter and then squeeze half a lemon into the pan with the shrimp. Let cook together until the shrimp is fully cooked. Toss in fresh cilantro and mix until well blended.
- Lay out the Old El Paso Taco boats and add the first layer of Old El Paso Traditional Refried Beans. Add the next layer of the Garlic Butter Shrimp and then generously top them off with the Cherry Tomato and Avocados. Use the Taco Kits Sauce provided and then sprinkle on some cheese. Serve warm and Enjoy!