Celebrate this holiday season with a trip to Hershey, PA, and make memories that last a lifetime. The magic of the holidays comes to life during the 2017 Christmas Time Events at Hershey. With new additions and old favorites, including Christmas Candylane, Hershey Sweet Lights & More Returning to Hershey, The Sweetest Place On Earth.
Read My Full List of 12 Things To Do In Hershey Park During Christmas Time Post for more details.
2017 Christmas Time Events at Hershey
Christmas Candylane holiday attraction will feature a new addition to the coaster line-up. Sidewinder coasters will join favorites Wildcat, sooperdooperLooper, Cocoa Cruiser, Wild Mouse, and Laff Trakk coasters that will open during Christmas Candylane (weather permitting).
The new 2017 Hershey Triple Towers attraction will also be one of the more than 50 rides open for the season. Four million sparkling lights will illuminate and excite as you make your way through Hersheypark Amusement Park.
A new holiday show, A Music Box Christmas, will be sure to put you in the holiday spirit. And iconic Christmas Candylane activities will return, including Santa and his live reindeer, Rudolph’s Skating Pond, and NOEL, the breathtaking light show.
Christmas Candylane begins Friday, November 10 and is open on select dates through Sunday, January 1, 2018. For operational hours and dates visit www.Hersheypark.com.
Hershey Sweet Lights
Drive through two miles of lighted displays from the comfort of your car in Hershey Sweet Lights attraction. Enjoy illuminated holiday lights through the fields and wooded trails while listening to holiday music.
Hershey Sweet Lights begins Friday, November 10, and is open daily through Monday, January 1, 2018. For operational hours and dates visit www.Hersheypark.com.
The Hotel Hershey & Hershey Lodge
Stay overnight at The Official Resorts of Hersheypark for a sweet holiday getaway. Overnight guests of Hershey Lodge receive exclusive access to Hershey’s Water Works at Hershey Lodge’s indoor pool complex. The complex includes two interactive indoor pools, Twizzlers Twists Slides, Reese’s Water Walk, water play structures, a 24-hour arcade, and the Cocoa Cabana dining location with a full bar.
The Hotel Hershey
The Woodside Cottages at The Hotel Hershey make for a memorable holiday experience. The most premium accommodations at the Hotel, the Woodside Cottages luxury accommodations feature larger bedrooms, world-class bathrooms, and private outdoor entrances.
Individual rooms or full cottages are available for reservations. Guests who reserve a full four- or six-bedroom cottage receive access to a multi-functional great room with cathedral ceilings, fireplace, microwave, and wet bar.
Hersheypark Happy Christmas Package
New for 2017 is the Hersheypark Happy Christmas Package, available at Hershey Lodge and The Hotel Hershey during the holiday season:
- Available at Hershey Lodge November 10 – December 29, 2017 (two-night stay; when Christmas Candylane is in operation)
- Available at The Hotel Hershey November 10 – December 30, 2017 (two-night stay; when Christmas Candylane is in operation)
Package Includes: Deluxe accommodations for two nights, milk and cookies for four on the night of arrival, two-day admission to Christmas Candylane per person, admission for one vehicle to Hershey Sweet Lights, admission to Hershey Gardens (including the year-round Butterfly Atrium), and admission to The Hershey Story’s Museum Experience.
- Additional overnight packages during the holiday season include:
Hersheypark Christmas Candylane Package
- Available at Hershey Lodge November 10 – December 29, 2017 (when Christmas Candylane is in operation)
- Available at The Hotel Hershey November 10 – December 30, 2017 (when Christmas Candylane is in operation)
Package Includes: Deluxe accommodations, milk & cookies for four on the night of arrival, one-day admission to Christmas Candylane per person, admission for one vehicle to Hershey Sweet Lights, admission to Hershey Gardens (including the year-round Butterfly Atrium), and admission to The Hershey Story’s Museum Experience.
Breakfast With Santa Package
- Available at Hershey Lodge November 27 – December 24, 2017 (Friday & Saturday nights)
- Available at The Hotel Hershey November 24 – December 24, 2017 (Friday & Saturday nights)
Package Includes Deluxe accommodations, breakfast buffet with Santa per person, one-day admission to Christmas Candylane holiday attraction per person, admission for one vehicle to Hershey Sweet Lights attraction, admission to Hershey Gardens (including the year-round Butterfly Atrium), and admission to The Hershey Story’s Museum Experience.
Lunch With Santa Package
Available at The Hotel Hershey November 24 – December 24, 2017 (Friday nights)
Package Includes Deluxe accommodations, lunch buffet with Santa per person, one-day admission to Christmas Candylane per person, admission for one vehicle to Hershey Sweet Lights, admission to Hershey Gardens (including the year-round Butterfly Atrium), and admission to The Hershey Story’s Museum Experience.
Relaxation in Hershey, PA
New for 2017 is MeltSpa by Hershey day spa. Located in the heart of downtown Hershey at 11 E Chocolate Ave., MeltSpa by Hershey features exclusive Hershey’s Dark Chocolate Treatments and additional services including:
- Hershey’s Dark Chocolate Sugar Scrub
- Hershey’s Dark Chocolate Body Wrap
- Hershey’s Sweet Hands & Feet Dark Chocolate Treatment
The Hotel Hershey Spa
Looking for a more classic Hershey experience? Read about why I loved having a Spa Day at the Hotel Hershey in my full review. Visit www.MeltSpa.com and/or www.ChocolateSpa.com for more information. The Spa At The Hotel Hershey features special winter-themed treatments, including:
- Holiday Season Sampler
November 1 – January 31
$185 Monday–Thursday, $195 Fri-Sun
- Peppermint Hot Chocolate Immersion
December 1 – January 31
$195 Monday–Thursday, $205 Fri-Sun
- Peppermint Mocha Manicure & Pedicure
December 1 – February 28
$140 Monday–Thursday, $150 Fri-Sun
Dining In Hershey, PA
Holiday with Dickens at The Hotel Hershey
Sunday, December 3: 3:00 p.m. – Holiday Tea ($40) and 6:30 p.m. Holiday Dinner ($99)
This heartwarming show-of-the-season is performed by Gerald Charles Dickens, the great, great grandson of literary master, Charles Dickens. During his energetic one-man show, Dickens brings A Christmas Carol to life. Reservations are required and can be made by calling 717-534-8800.
Visit www.Hersheypa.com for more information.
Amazing festive shows will be featured in Hershey, Pa. during the holiday season.
The dates and times are listed below:
- Rudolph – December 6 and 7 at Hershey Theatre
- Hershey Symphony presents Holiday Spectacular – December 9 at Hershey Theatre
- Trans-Siberian Orchestra – December 15 at Giant Center
- George Balanchine’s “The Nutcracker” – December 16 and 17 at Hershey Theatre
- Amy Grant & Michael W. Smith Christmas Tour – December 17 at Giant Center
- Straight No Chaser – December 23 at Hershey Theatre
Visit www.HersheyEntertainment.com for tickets and more information.
ZooAmerica North American Wildlife Park
The Early Bird Tour at ZooAmerica in Hershey, PA, is a VIP experience that lets you get up close and personal with the animals. See how my kids and I are Going Wild Feeding Mountain Lions at ZooAmerica. Read my FULL ZooAmerica Early Bird Guided Tour Review. Visit www.ZooAmerica.com for more information.
The Hershey Story Museum
Little Elves Workshop – Participants will roll, cut and ice their creations and design their own packaging. $5.00 per ornament; adults may accompany participating children at no charge. Available select dates November 18 – January 1 at 10:00 a.m. – 2:00
Snowball Saturdays – Friendly indoor snowball fights are the centerpiece of this holiday event! Free; admission to the Museum Experience not required. Available December 2, 9 & 16, scheduled times between 10:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m.
- Holiday-Themed Chocolate Lab Classes – Ticket purchase required; children must be at least four years old to enter the lab. Available daily beginning November 11 – January 1, 2018, class times vary.
- NYE Bubble Wrap Stomps – Kids can celebrate the New Year with bubble wrap stomps on Sunday, December 31, 2017, at 11:00 a.m., 1:00 p.m. and 3:00 p.m. Free; admission to the Museum Experience not required.
Visit www.HersheyStory.org for more information.
- Saturdays: December 2, 9, and 16, 2017 from 3:00 to 5:00 p.m. – Visit with Santa while enjoying live music in the Welcome Pavilion.
- Sundays: December 3, 10, and 17, 2017 from 1:00 to 3:00 p.m. – Kids can make a holiday craft and enjoy story time with Mrs. Claus.
Visit www.HersheyGardens.org for more information.
Hershey’s Chocolate World Holiday Activities
- Breakfast with Santa – Doors open at 7:15 a.m., Breakfast Buffet is from 7:30-9:00 a.m. November 18 & 19, 25 & 26 and December 2 (Sold Out) & 3, 9 & 10, 16 & 17, 23 & 24, 26- 3
- See the unique Annual Hershey’s Holiday Chocolate House! Every inch is covered in Hershey’s confectionery products and a sweet donation is made to Children’s Miracle Network.
- Hershey Sweet Lights Trolley: Journey through Hershey Sweet Lights, a magical holiday light display, onboard an old-fashioned trolley. Our trolley conductor will have carols, HERSHEY’S KISSES Brand Milk Chocolates, and creative commentary to entertain you and your family.
- Holly Jolly Trolley: Take a cozy trip on an old-fashioned trolley that is guaranteed to get you in the Christmas spirit with caroling, stories, and even a special visit from a certain jolly, old elf.