If you have ever visited the Philippines you will find that we eat rice pretty much all day long, with every single meal. When I visited my family in Manila for a month I ate this for breakfast pretty much every single day. Unless I was having a sweet tooth craving, in which case I would eat ensaymada (a buttery, cheesy sweet cake). I love to break the yolk of the egg on top of the rice and then devouring it all together in one big mess.
If you have never had a sunny side up egg on rice before you do not know what you’re missing out on in life! The usual way to make beef tapa is to use cured beef which you would revive with the marinade (overnight) that is used in this recipe. Instead of using cured beef we are using fresh beef and letting it pressure cook in the sauce making it cut like butter and oh so finger licking good. I highly recommend you try this recipe out with garlic fried rice and a sunny side up egg, but you can always just enjoy it with plain jasmine rice like my kiddos do.
If you liked this dish check out my Pressure Cooker Filipino BBQ Ribs. For more Pressure Cooker Recipe head over HERE to find a list of other delicious meals you can try with your family. Let me know what you and your family think of this delicious Filipino style breakfast dish in a comment below.
- 2lbs of Beef Sirloin (thin sliced or slice thin yourself)
- 3 Tbs of oil
- 6 cloves of minced garlic
- 2 Cups of water
- ½ Cup of Soy Sauce (I used Silver Swan a Filipino Brand)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 3 Tablespoons of Brown Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon of Oyster Sauce (or 3 tsp of Mirin)
- 1 Whole Lime Juiced
- 1 tbs cornstarch
- 1 tbs water
- Turn on your pot and press the Saute or the Chicken/Meat Button, Add oil and garlic and let cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add sliced Sirloin and cook until browned on both sides stirring often.
- Once Sirloin is browned add the brown sugar, salt and pepper, oyster sauce (or mirin), lime juice and 2 cups of water and mix well.
- Once all ingredients are combined cook on Manual HIGH 12 minutes.
- Once the timer goes off do a quick release of pressure and then open the lid.
- Mix cornstarch with water and then add to the pot, turn on Saute mode or press the Chicken/Meat button and let boil for 5-10 minutes stirring every 2 minutes.
- Serve alongside
freshsteamed jasmine rice,or garlic fried rice topped with a sunny side up egg.