Part of raising your kids is about teaching them how to be selfless and gentle human beings. Although it can prove to be a rough road to take when teaching millennial children. I like to take this responsibility with stride and enlist my kids in many different activities. Simple things purchasing extra canned goods for their school’s food drive around the holidays. I like to ensure that they know that not everything about life is receiving. It’s also about what you’re giving back the world back.
Since my family loves to cook we like to participate in bake sales that help raise money for their school. We decided to take our sweet tooth’s and apply it to another fundraiser. As long as my family has been visiting McDonald’s we have always seen the Ronald McDonald House Charity Donation Boxes full of change. You notice them in every location and expect them to be filled to the brim. After we had dinner we went online to investigate this cause and see how we could help.
After visiting the Ronald McDonald House Charities online website we learned some amazing information. We learned that those little boxes that collect those endless dollars and loose change in your pocket go to something amazing. Ronald McDonald House Charities provides families the ability to stay close to the ones they love that are sick. Their goal is to “Keep families together and near the care that they need”.
Did you know that in 2016, RMHC provided 2.4 million overnight stays to families? And in doing so gave the ability to spend more time with their sick children, to interact with their doctors, and to make important decisions about their children’s care? Through the Ronald McDonald House and Ronald McDonald Family Room programs, RMHC provides places for families with sick children to stay just steps from the hospitals where they are receiving critical medical care.
I love this idea of helping families and I could not wait to get started on helping this cause. The kids and I spent the day baking up some of our favorite recipes. My daughter Keturah came up with a cute idea to make Unicorn Popcorn so we whipped up some of those. The boys wanted to make our famous cheesecake brownies so we made a big pan. Little Esuun wanted to make her favorite chocolate cookies so we made two dozen and she ate about half of those.
The Unicorn Popcorn was such a hit at the bake sale we just had to share the recipe with yall. There are only 3 ingredients in this delicious recipe and it’s kid-friendly. My daughter’s had a great time mixing up the ingredients and even adding the sprinkles. Through our bake sale we were able to raise *INSERT END TOTAL* and cannot wait to raise more for this awesome cause.
If you are looking start your own Fundraiser with Ronald McDonald House Charities then head over to their website and start one today. It’s as simple as searching for your local Chapters to join and then start your own fundraiser. It’s as simple as following these 3 simple steps.
1. Choose what you love to do. That might be juggling, running, or something we haven’t even thought of yet.
2. Set a Goal. See how much love your friends and family can help you raise.
3. Share. Take plenty of selfies and videos to inspire others to fundraise #forRMHC.
So you see it’s as simple as 1, 2, and 3 to set up your fundraiser today.
Have you ever noticed the RMCH Donation Boxes at your local McDonald’s? Has anyone in your family ever been helped by Ronald McDonald House Charities? Please tell us your stories below and share how this Charity has been apart of your family.
- 1 Bag of Wilson White Chocolate
- 1 Popped Bag of Popcorn
- Pastel Sprinkles of your choice
- 1 Small Sauce Pan
- 1 Small Bowl The Fits in Small Sauce Pan Without Touching the Bottom.
- 1-2 Cups of water
- Pop the popcorn and set aside to cool.
- In a small sauce, dish heat up 1-2 cups of water to a boil.
- Once the water has come to a boil place the heat on low/medium and cover with a metal bowl. *DO NOT USE A GLASS BOWL*
- Place the bag of Wilson White Chocolate in the bowl, let the chocolate meltdown and stir every minute until the chocolate is completely melted.
- Pour over top of the popcorn and mix in the sprinkles, mix completely then scoop inside cupcake holders.
- Let cool completely before you bag them up, or eat whenever you are ready.
Full Recipe Video Below!