Halloween in Hershey, Pa., is right around the corner, which means The Sweetest Place On Earth will soon be bustling with sweet fall events and themed happenings. I’m sharing Everything you need to know about the 2019 Halloween in Hershey, PA preview.
2019 Halloween in Hershey Preview – Everything You Need To Know
Have you never attended this Halloween event before? Read my 10 Tips For A Sweet Trip To Hersheypark In The Dark, it’s filled with helpful tips to make sure your family has a family-friendly spooky good time.
Hersheypark In The Dark
Hersheypark In The Dark Halloween attraction will feature more than 50 rides and attractions (weather permitting), along with with Halloween-themed live entertainment for $41.95 for adults and $31.95 for junior and senior guests.
- 13 roller coasters will be open (weather permitting) for guests to enjoy with unique dark ride opportunities. Guests can experience a lights-out ride on three wooden roller coasters during the last hour of operation each evening. The indoor glowing Laff Trakk coaster will also be dark throughout the Park operation.
- New for 2019 – Reese’s Cupfusion attraction is an interactive gaming ride with the most targets in the world that will have guests protecting the factory to ensure the world is never deprived of Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups.
- A trick-or-treat trail with 13 spooky stops will be set up for children 12 and under throughout Treatville’s trick-or-treat trail in Hersheypark, ZooAmerica North American Wildlife Park, and Hershey Hollow in Hershey’s Chocolate World Attraction. Costumes are welcomed but not required to receive a free treat bag.
- Live entertainment will include “Screaming Mummies,” a band of misfit mummies performing throwback Halloween tunes; a Hershey Characters Glow Dance Party; and performances from “Our Friends from the Sea” on select dates and times.
- Festive food and beverage offerings, such as Pumpkin King Size Shakes, pumpkin funnel cakes, and s’mores made with cookies and peanut butter cups, will be available for purchase.
Creatures Of The Night at ZooAmerica
Guests can bring their flashlights to ZooAmerica North American Wildlife Park for a nighttime tour during the Creatures Of The Night attraction. While ZooAmerica is always included in the one-price admission to Hersheypark when entered through the Park during operating hours.
This unique Halloween-themed experience is the only time of year ZooAmerica is open after dark. Separate admission is also available at the zoo’s off-street entrance.
The Official Resorts of Hersheypark
Visitors can stay overnight at The Official Resorts of Hersheypark for the perfect fall getaway. The Hotel Hershey and Hershey Lodge will offer a Hersheypark In The Dark package on Friday and Saturday nights from Oct. 18 through Nov. 3.
The package includes deluxe accommodations, breakfast with Hershey Characters, admission to Hersheypark In The Dark, admission to Hershey Gardens and admission to the Museum Experience at The Hershey Story Museum.
Hersheypark Camping Resort campground will offer a Buy 2 Nights, Get 1 Free promotion from Sept. 2 through Dec. 31 for all sites and cabins booked by Oct. 31.
Guests who stay during the Halloween season (Oct. 18 through Nov. 3) will experience Halloween-themed campground fun, including site decorating contests, trick-or-treating, costume contests, pumpkin decorating and more! Blackout dates may apply.
Dining in Hershey, Pa
Hershey, Pa. offers more than a dozen unique dining venues that include everything from casual coffee shops to late-night cocktails, family-friendly dining to four-star cuisine and everything in between. Culinary teams keep menus fresh and offer seasonal features.
The Hotel Hershey Wine & Food Festival will return for its 10th year, Sept. 6-8, 2019. New this year are a rosé tasting class and a guided tasting with the first female winemaker of the year. Six events throughout the weekend offer something for everyone, from wine novice to wine connoisseur.
The main event is The Grand Tasting on Sunday in the picturesque formal gardens of The Hotel Hershey, which includes live jazz entertainment, as well as samplings from more than 60 international and domestic wineries.
A selection of domestic breweries and award-winning chefs in Hershey, Pa. Tickets for The Grand Tasting can be purchased online for the first time this year at www.HersheyPA.com/things-to-do/dining/wine-food-fest.php.
Hershey’s Chocolate World Attraction
Hershey’s Chocolate World Attraction will offer these special events this fall:
- Flavors of Fall Fest (Select dates from September through November during operating hours)
- Guests can bite into the delicious flavors of fall and try limited edition sweet and savory dishes from Hershey’s Kitchens.
- Trick-or-Treat Adventure (Oct. 18-20, Oct. 25-27 and Nov. 1-3 at select times)
- Children 12 and under can enjoy a treat at three trick-or-treating stops in Hershey Hallow at Hershey’s Chocolate World (with additional stops in Treatville inside Hersheypark with paid admission).
- Trick-or-Treat Trolley (Select dates and times in October and November)
- The Hershey Trolley Works’ Trick-or-Treat Trolley returns this year, with limited-edition tours that features Milton Hershey’s life story in a fall-themed Trolley with plenty of treats and no tricks.
The Hershey Story Museum
Visitors can learn about the history of chocolate and chocolate-making process at The Hershey Story, the Museum on Chocolate Avenue, during two chocolate lab classes in October. A purchased ticket is required and individuals must be at least 5 years old to enter the lab.
- Halloween-Themed Chocolate Lab Classes will be offered daily in October. The classes include “Chocolate Cobweb Creations” and “Build a Batty Bar.”
- “Spooky Bark” Chocolate Lab Class will be offered on Saturdays and Sundays in October at 2:30 p.m. Class participants will mold their own milk chocolate bar and top it off with a variety of Halloween candy pieces.
Hershey Gardens, a 23-acre botanical display garden, will host Pumpkin Glow, a special, family-friendly event on Oct. 18, 19, 25, and 26 from 6:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Hershey Gardens will light up the night with more than 200 carved, illuminated pumpkins on display throughout the Gardens’ pathway. Kids are encouraged to bring a flashlight and dress in costume.
Trick-or-treaters can collect candy at eight stations along the pathway and enjoy themed jack-o-lantern displays. Live cartoon characters will also greet guests.
On Oct. 25 and 26 only, celebrity pumpkin carver Danny Kissel will be onsite carving his fantastical, whimsical creations. Lebanon County Career & Technology Center students will be giving pumpkin carving demonstrations on all four nights.
For additional information, hours and pricing for Halloween in Hershey, please visit www.HersheyPA.com.