I partnered with Sam’s Club and Premier Protein to bring your this article, I am not a licensed medical professional. All thoughts and opinions expressed in this post are my own.
As an active single mom of four, I need to keep my energy up after a great workout, to help me survive a day at the park. Eating healthy isn’t the only thing you can do to help keep your energy up throughout the day, or just to have a healthy lifestyle. Working out is an important part of upkeeping your healthy lifestyle and doesn’t mean you have to have a gym membership. If you are like me and do both in home workouts as well as visit the gym, then you will definitely want to check out these 5 Tips For Working Out Safely In The Heat this spring and summer.
1.Workout In The Early Morning or Late Afternoon. Working out in the early morning or late afternoon means you will miss the hottest parts of the day. Instead of planning to workout when you get home, wake up an extra hour earlier in the morning and take a nice run around the block, or pull up your favorite workout video and get your workout started. I like to workout in the early morning because it gives me a big oomph throughout the day which personally makes me feel like I’m Wonder Woman.
Everyone is different and some like to workout in the late afternoon, if you wait till the sun is setting you will get a cool run outside or a calm afternoon session in your backyard. It’s a great way to unwind from a stressful day or just a great way to help relax in general.
2.Make Sure You Eat Before and After. This is a mistake I have made time and time again, and my personal trainer is never happy with me when she finds out I don’t stick to the “eat” rule. I’m sure you’re probably thinking, well when do you ever hear personal trainers tell you to eat but any wonderful personal trainer will tell you eating before and after a session is a must. When you eat before your session you are giving your body fuel to power through your workouts which mean your performance will be better.
Eating after the session (1-hour window is highly suggested) you are giving your body that much-needed fuel to not only help your muscles heal but you are feeding your muscles in general. That doesn’t mean go out and eat a medium size pepperoni pizza, choose well-balanced meals that will cater to the muscles you just worked out. The better the meal the more your body will take from it and will in the end actually help with the dreaded “next day sore muscles”.
3. Wear Appropriate Clothing. Always dress for hot weather whenever you plan to workout, shorts/capris, and a t-shirt or tank top is highly suggested. Avoid heavy clothing, look for clothing that breathes well and handles any amount of sweat. I like to buy shoes that breathe well when I workout so my feet aren’t essentially getting cooked when I’m running or doing deadlifts. Also, remember looking cute while working out is awesome but also keep in mind your safety when choosing clothing that can keep you cool so you can power through your workout with ease.
4. Pick Light Workouts or Short Timed Workouts. When it comes to working out I’ve found that it’s not so much how long you do a certain exercise it’s about having good form for those workouts. As well as breaking up your specific exercise into multiple repetitions to maximize your results. So instead of doing 50 crunches at once, do 25 rest for 30 seconds and then finish your next 25. My personal trainer is always about form and once you have good form you will get maximum results from that workout and hurt less the day after.
5. Stay Hydrated. Staying hydrated is very important when it comes to having a successful workout. Having a water bottle handy with plenty of water is a must, another great product to have on hand is Premier Protein CLEAR™ Protein Drink. This drink comes in the Tropical flavor which is surprisingly delicious, the flavor is spot on with being a tropical escape in my mouth but is also sweet. Don’t run away now that I said that “sweet” word, it’s sweet all on its own and boasts 0g. of sugar with 20g. of protein. My personal trainer is in love with this drink and is with me in highly recommending this for anyone looking for a pre, during, or post-workout drink that will give them that much-needed protein for your muscles.
Look what I found at my local @samsclub ! You can score a 12 pack of the NEW @premierprotein Tropical Punch Clear Protien Drink today! #ad These are not only good for you when your working out but it’s also good for us on the go moms! #healthy #protein #health #shopping #deal #samsclub #deal #deals #family #fit #excited
Premier Protein CLEAR™ Protein Drink is now available in your local Sam’s Club store, find it online or in store. Check out some more information about this new drink that we are totally in love with.
Delicious & refreshing, Premier Protein CLEAR™ is packed with the protein your body needs without all the sugar & calories you don’t. Enjoy a refreshing boost of good energy any time of day!
- Refreshing, convenient way to get the protein your body needs
- Great tasting beverage for any time of the day
- No artificial flavors and 0 grams of sugar
- Promotes lean muscle gains
- Helps curb hunger
- 20 grams of healthy protein
- 0g sugar
- 90 calories
- NO artificial flavors
Try this Delicious Recipe! Head Over HERE!
Join in on the discussion and tell us: When do you like to workout during the summer time? What’s your go-to exercise when it’s just a little bit too hot outside? Have you ever tried the Premier Protein products before? What’s your favorite Premier Protein product? Have you spotted the new Premier Protein CLEAR™ drink in your local Sams Club yet?