This recipe hits close to home with my taste buds. I had the most amazing Apple Crisp when I was 9 and have always been on the search recipes equal to or better than that experience. This journey has been long and hard for me since I am so specific with how I want my apple crisp to taste. I have always loved an apple crisp with soft apples, caramel flavored filling, and a topping that was soft yet crunchy. I have finally found the perfect recipe for my ultimate Apple Crisp Fantasy dish so now I am sharing it with you.
- Crisp Topping Ingredients:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons 1 stick unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch pieces and chilled
- Apple Filling Ingredients:
- 2 pounds firm, sweet apples (4 to 5 medium-large apples)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup of Caramel Sauce
- To make the topping, Mix together the Flour, dark brown sugar, light brown sugar, and cinnamon.
- Cut softened butter into squares or break into small pieces. Mix this together by hand.
- Set aside the topping mix and then peal and cut apples to whichever thickness you prefer. I cut mine fairly thin to cut down my cooking time.
- Add caramel sauce and water to the top of the apples and mix well.
- Pour the topping on top of the apples.
- Bake at 375 Degrees for 30-35 Minutes (The top should be browned)
- Serve with a scoop of Ice Cream and enjoy!