This Apple Crisp recipe is the perfect dessert for any time of the year. It’s filled with fresh sliced apples and is topped with a cinnamon buttery streusel topping. Finish it off with a large scoop of vanilla ice cream for a tasty dessert treat!
This is the best Apple Crisp recipe on the internet! I have tried and tested this recipe a million times and am happy to report I finally figured it out.
To start I should probably tell you why it took me so long to develope this recipe. When I was 9 years old I had the most amazing Apple Crisp while traveling with my parents. This journey has been long and hard for me since I am so specific with how I want my apple crisp to taste.
I have always loved an apple crisp with soft apples, caramel-flavored filling, and a topping that was soft yet crunchy. I have finally found the perfect recipe for my ultimate Apple Crisp Fantasy dish so now I am sharing it with you.
Best Apples for Apple Crisp
- Honeycrisp Apples
- Granny Smith Apples
- Golden Delicious Apples
When it comes to finding the best apple for your apple crisp, I say go with a crisp, yet tart variety. I prefer to use Granny Smith, Honeycrisp, or Golden Delicious. Please feel free to use your family’s personal favorites as well as whatever you have in season.
How To Make Apple Crisp
This Easy Apple Crisp recipe starts with making the cinnamon buttery streusel topping. To make the topping, we will first mix together the flour, dark brown sugar, light brown sugar, and cinnamon. Cut softened butter into squares or break into small pieces. Mix this together by hand.
Set aside the topping mix and then peel and cut apples to whichever thickness you prefer. I cut mine fairly thin to cut down my cooking time. Add caramel sauce and water to the top of the apples and mix well. Pour the topping on top of the apples.
Bake as directed on the recipe card, the top should be browned. Remove it from the oven and then let it sit for about 15 minutes before serving. Serve with a scoop of Ice Cream and enjoy!
Apple Crisp Cooking Tips
The best practice to follow when making any apple crisp is to dice and peel your apples. I have found that some families like to keep the apple peel on. However I believe you should do what works best for you and your families needs.
Crisp Topping Ingredients:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons 1 stick unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch pieces and chilled
Apple Filling Ingredients:
- 2 pounds firm, sweet apples (4 to 5 medium-large apples)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup of Caramel Sauce
- To make the topping, Mix together the Flour, dark brown sugar, light brown sugar, and cinnamon.
- Cut softened butter into squares or break into small pieces. Mix this together by hand.
- Set aside the topping mix and then peal and cut apples to whichever thickness you prefer. I cut mine fairly thin to cut down my cooking time.
- Add caramel sauce and water to the top of the apples and mix well.
- Pour the topping on top of the apples.
- Bake at 375 Degrees for 30-35 Minutes (The top should be browned)
- Serve with a scoop of Ice Cream and enjoy!