Apple Pie Bread is a homemade, sweet, and moist dessert bread with a streusel topping. It is filled with freshly cooked chunks of apples and brown sugar. Enjoy a slice of apple pie bread with your morning coffee or as a midnight snack.
Apple Pie Bread
Have you ever walked into a grocery store and out of nowhere a recipe inspiration pops into your head? You don’t really know how or why it has decided to pop into your head, but looking at a specific ingredient in an aisle has somehow inspired you.
This happened to me a few days ago while I was shopping at Food Lion. I walked into the store and scanned my MVP card at the coupon center machine as usual. I looked over at my coupons and then ventured into the produce aisle. My kids favorite aisle of the store, might I add, no I’m not exaggerating, they really do love this aisle since it’s full of their favorite snacks.
Homemade Apple Pie Bread
After looking at the fresh produce my recipe inspiration just seemed to pop into my head. The price's weren't too bad either might I add. This recipe inspiration had a lot to do with my kids as they were begging me to get these apples. Once I saw how crisp and fresh these apples were it instantly reminded me of the upcoming fall season, where apple pies would be more than appropriate for dessert treats.
Until then, I had to figure out how to incorporate this delicious treat into something the kids could grab and go with. The lightbulb popped into my head and then the idea for an Apple Pie Bread was born. Now before you go recipe crazy don't forget to check out my full recipe for my Apple Pie Bread Recipe below.
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter (softened)
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 2 eggs (well beaten)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 cup apples = 2 large or 4 small apples, peeled and grated
- 1 tbsp butter, melted
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp butter (softened)
- 4 tbsp butter
- 2 Large Apples Sliced
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tbsp light brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a loaf pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the crumb ingredients until mixture forms coarse crumbs. Set aside.
- With the mixer on medium, beat white sugar, brown sugar, and cinnamon and butter until fluffy. Mix in grated apples. Add well-beaten eggs and vanilla.
- Stir together flour and baking powder in a separate bowl. Add flour to egg mixture and stir just until combined. Please do not overmix! Add milk.
- Pour the batter into a greased loaf pan. Sprinkle Streusel topping.
- Bake approx. 40 minutes.
- While the loaf is baking slice the 2 apples and then melt 4 tablespoons of butter in a skillet. Add apples, brown sugar and cinnamon and cook until apples are soft. Set aside when finished.
- Remove from loaf from the oven, Cut the loaf down the middle (just 1 1/2 inches deep), creating a small hallowed space. Remove the bread with a spoon GENTLY onto a separate plate. This will become your topping.
- Fill in the void with caramel sauce, then the cooked apples and then more caramel sauce, replace the topping you previously removed and then brush topping with melted butter.
- Continue baking an additional 5-10 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool 10 minutes and remove from pan.
Serving Size:1 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 456Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 89mgSodium: 279mgCarbohydrates: 72gFiber: 5gSugar: 45gProtein: 5g