Get into the fall spirit with my delicious and easy-to-make Baked Buttermilk Pumpkin Donuts. This baked pumpkin donut recipe is made with buttermilk for a fluffy yet moist donut. Made with no yeast this flavorful baked donut is topped with a coating of cream cheese frosting.
Baked Buttermilk Pumpkin Donuts
Whenever I think of fall, I usually associate it with pumpkins, falling leaves, apple picking, Halloween, turkeys, Thanksgiving, pumpkin pie, sweaters and oh yeah Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Lattes. Yum! Fun. Something I have been getting into lately is baked donuts. Baked Buttermilk Pumpkin Donuts to be exact.
Don’t get me wrong! I LOVE fried donuts, the way they make them in bakeries, but my waist does not agree with my current LOVE of these beauties. So to combat my life long battle with my mid-waist I have created this baked version.
No Yeast Baked Buttermilk Pumpkin Donuts
There is no YEAST involved so no worries ladies and gents! We are good to go at digging in on these, I’ve been spotted eating as many as 2 (I really mean 3 or 4) of these in one sitting. You can also use fresh pumpkin instead of canned pumpkin if you have it on hand.
How To Make Baked Buttermilk Pumpkin Donuts
Simply pop the pumpkin in the oven for about 25-35 minutes in a 350-degree oven and then peel and mash up to use in this recipe. I haven’t tried it that way but would love to see how it turns out for you guys.
Then again if you are craving this recipe in the offseason where there aren’t any fresh pumpkins available you can always go for what I used in this recipe, canned pumpkins.
Baked Buttermilk Pumpkin Donuts Ingredients
- All-purpose flour
- Granulated sugar
- Light brown sugar
- Baking powder
- Pumpkin spice
- Vegetable oil
- Vanilla extract
- Pumpkin puree
- Pillsbury Supreme Cream Cheese Frosting
Do you like this pumpkin-inspired recipe? Well if you are crazy in love with pumpkin like I am, then you should definitely try my Pumpkin Spice Cinnamon Rolls Recipe!
More Donut Recipes
- Baked Vanilla Donuts
- Banana Blueberry Baked Donuts
- Air Fryer Pumpkin Spice Donuts
- Apple Cider Baked Donuts
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoons pumpkin spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup of vegetable oil, or canola oil or coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 Pillsbury Supreme Cream Cheese Frosting
- Place the pumpkin puree and light brown sugar in the bowl of the stand mixer [or in a regular mixing bowl if using a hand mixer or whisking by hand and beat until completely incorporated.
- Beat in the eggs, and then the buttermilk.
- With the mixer running, stream in the oil and mix until incorporated.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and Pumpkin Spice.
- Beat the dry ingredients into the pumpkin mixture and beat until smooth. It will be a loose batter.
- Place a gallon ziplock bag in a large narrow container or a Piping Bag, like a large washed-out yogurt container, draping the edges over the sides to hold the bag open.
- Scrape all of the donut batter into the ziplock bag, and zip it closed (or use a piping bag), gently squeezing to remove the air as you zip it up.
- Cut off the tip of one of the bottom corners of the bag, and slowly pipe the batter into the prepared pans.
- Squeeze very gently, and go slowly around each opening in the pan, so that the center doesn't fill in.
- Bake for about 12 [for the minis] to 18 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Transfer the baked doughnuts out onto a cooling rack until completely cooled.
- Butter the pan again if you need to bake more batches, and repeat the piping procedure until all of the donut batter is used up.
- Use Pillsbury Creamy Supreme Cream Cheese Flavored Frosting. Place the frosting in a double boiler method.
- Boil water in a medium-size saucepan and then place a metal or glass bowl above it.
- Once the water comes to a boil turn down to a low simmer, add the icing and then stir.
- Once the Icing is at a liquidy consistency dip the donuts into the saucepan one by one, and then transfer the dipped donuts onto a cooling rack.
- Repeat however many times you wish to dip these donuts for a thicker glaze. Decorate with sprinkles or serve as is.
Serving Size:1 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 225Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 32mgSodium: 215mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 1gSugar: 14gProtein: 4g