This recipe was inspired by my love for Starbucks Banana Chocolate Chip Coffee Cake. Even though this recipe is a more dense bread like consistency it still gives me all the good feelings that Starbucks Banana Chocolate Chip Coffee Cake does.
I like to enjoy my mini bundts with a hot cup of coffee in the morning or just as a snack throughout the day when I’m having my sweet tooth cravings.
- 1 1/3 Cups of Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 Cup of Sour Cream
- 1/2 Cup of Milk
- 4 Medium, Ripe Bananas
- 2 Teaspoons of Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 Cups of All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 Cup of Butter or Margarine, softened
- 4 Large Eggs
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Cup of Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray a 9×11? baking pan or mini Bundt pan with non-stick cooking spray; set aside.
- Mix sugar, sour cream, butter (or margarine) together in mixing bowl on low speed for 1 minute.
- Mix in flour, baking soda, and salt on medium speed for 1 minute. Mix in bananas, eggs and vanilla on low speed for 30 seconds.
- Toss chocolate chips in flour before adding them in the mix (mix in by hand)
- Spread batter in prepared baking pan and place in center of preheated 375 degree oven for about 30-40 minutes, or until light brown on top and toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan (if using a Bundt pan cool slightly, then turn out onto a cooling rack or a serving plate);
- While the cake is still slightly warm top the mini bundts or cake with chocolate chips. For the bundts hold and press very lightly on the top. The chocolate will be slightly melted, making the chocolate chips stick to the top perfectly. If some chocolate chip’s fall in the middle of the bundt that's ok! Leave them there for someone to find and enjoy.
- Cut into slices or squares of desired size and thickness. Serve warm or at room temperature. Enjoy!