A tasty Chicken Tacos with a Homemade Guacamole recipe, featuring fresh toppings and a side of tortilla chips. Make this easy chicken taco and homemade guacamole recipe for the perfect taco Tuesday dinner.
Chicken Tacos and Homemade Guacamole
Taco Tuesday just got so much easier and way more delicious with this Chicken Taco and Homemade Guacamole Recipe. My family loves to celebrate Taco Tuesday as often as possible, meaning taco recipes are always on the rise in our home. We have done many recipes in my home and I have to say this Chicken Taco recipe takes the cake.
Easy Homemade Guacamole
I was inspired to create this recipe after visiting a local taco bar near me where they sold a shredded chicken taco that changed the way I did Tacos forever. I normally didn’t use shredded chicken in my taco’s, we used to just go with the plain old ground beef tacos with maybe a shrimp taco one or twice a month. When I discovered how to make this recipe I just had to share it with all of you!
KitchenAid® Artisan® Mini Mixer.
I love to whip up a quick recipe like this with a side of some lime tortilla chips to dip inside of the Guacamole. It’s such a perfect way to enjoy your Taco Tuesday I have found myself making this almost every week. It’s so easy when you use the KitchenAid® Artisan® Mini Mixer, I usually clean out the mixer right after I eat and throw in some ingredients to make the cookie dough. Fresh chocolate chip cookies after a delicious dinner are just what the doctor ordered.
I really hope you enjoy this recipe and come back and share how you celebrate your Taco Tuesday’s in your home.
The NEW KitchenAid® Artisan® Mini Mixer.
To make this recipe a breeze to create I drafted my KitchenAid® Artisan® Mini Mixer. This little tool packs some serious power and similar power to its larger sister blender. I don’t know about you but I love it when I can find a mixer that stands the test of time and my crazy recipes.
I loved using this mini mixer which honestly you wouldn’t even notice the difference between this mini mixer and its larger sister mixer. They both do the same job except with this KitchenAid® Artisan® Mini Mixer its size makes it more of a flexible kitchen gadget size-wise. It fits right next to my Keurig and ice maker, plus it’s super cute and looks so pretty on the counter.
NEW Artisan Mini Stand Mixer
Though mini in size, the NEW Mini Stand Mixer can make up to 5 dozen cookies in it’s 3.5 quart stainless steel bowl. That’s just enough to feed my small army! The Artisan Mini Stand Mixer also features 10 mixing speeds and comes with a coated flat beater, dough hook, and 6-wire whip. This makes many of my Filipino recipes that are soon to come, much easier to make and much more time efficient.
The NEW Artisan Mini Stand Mixer
The NEW Artisan Mini Stand Mixer is 20% smaller and 25% lighter, making it the ideal culinary tool for smaller spaces and kitchens. This is ideal for a kitchen like mine where I have to utilize each aspect of the space yet not make it look crowded. The compact size and lighter weight perfectly suit the needs of a city dweller who loves to cook in their smaller spaces. Artisan Mini is made for your lifestyle, made for your kitchen, made for you.
- 2 lbs of Boneless Chicken Thighs
- 1 Packet of Taco Seasoning
- 4 Tablespoons of Lemon Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons of Garlic Powder
- 2 Tablespoons of Onion Powder
- 1 Lime
- 3 Tablespoons of Soy Sauce
- 1/2 Cup of Water
- Sliced Onions for Garnish
- Fresh Cilantro for Garnish
- Corn Tortilla's
- 2 Ripe Avocados
- 6 Tablespoons of diced Cilantro
- 1 Yellow Onion
- 1 Ripe Tomato
- 1 Lime
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- In a medium sized pan fry each side of the chicken thighs till they are golden brown. Add the lime juice, water and soy sauce. Mix in the taco seasoning packet, lemon pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder.
- Mix well and then cook on low heat for about 6-8 minutes, or until the chicken thighs are cooked through.
- Add the chicken to the KitchenAid® Artisan® Mini Mixer and mix on speed 3 for 3-5 minutes, or until the chicken is shredded completely.
- Add the shredded chicken back to the pan with remaining sauce and mix well. Serve warm over warmed up Corn Tortilla's and garnish with fresh guacamole, onions, and cilantro.
- Peel and mash the avocados in KitchenAid® Artisan® Mini Mixer on setting 4 until mashed to desired preference.
- Use a spatula to push down the avocado if it starts to get stuck to the sides. Stir in diced onion's, garlic, tomato, cilantro and lime juice.
- Season with remaining lime juice and add salt and pepper to taste if desired.