These creamy avocado popsicles are hand-dipped into dark chocolate, the perfect refreshing hot summer day treat. This easy, creamy, and delicious Chocolate Dipped Avocado Popsicle recipe is perfect for pool parties and group get-togethers.
A very simple 4 ingredient avocado popsicle recipe that features ripe avocados, condensed milk, milk, and cornstarch. This easy-to-make smooth and creamy popsicle recipe is hand-dipped into decadent dark chocolate. Then drizzled with more melted chocolate for the perfect summer day treat.
Creamy Chocolate Avocado Popsicles
A smooth and creamy avocado popsicle, that’s hand-dipped into high-quality dark chocolate. It’s the perfect hot summer day treat that the whole family will love. This is a great kid-friendly recipe for family BBQs and get-togethers.
Using Milk Alternatives
Please feel free to use any milk alternatives in this recipe, it will still come out super delicious. I will recommend that if you do swap out and use almond milk, coconut milk, oat milk, or soy milk. That you allow the mold to freeze overnight before removing the popsicles.
Because dairy-free milk lacks the extra fat regular milk provides, the lactose-free alternatives will need more time to solidify. See my helpful tips on how to remove the smooth and creamy avocado popsicles from their molds.
Creamy Avocado Popiscles Supplies
- popsicle mold
- popsicle sticks
- blender or food processor
- medium size microwave safe bowl
- medium sauce pan
Once you see how easy it is to make this avocado popsicle recipe, you are going to become the popsicle queen this summer. There are so many different types of popsicles you can make with these supplies. I’m sharing
Avocado Popsicles Ingredients
- ripe avocado (large)
- condensed milk
- cornstarch (optional)
- good quality dark chocolate, chopped and melted
If you are using a small or medium avocado, you will need 2 to complete this recipe. The avocado mixture will be very thick, feel free to add more milk to thin it out. Also, please feel free to omit the cornstarch, avocado is already creamy as it is.
How to make Avocado Popsicles
In a blender, blend avocado meat, milk, condensed milk, cornstarch. Taste test the mixture before you move forward, if it’s not sweet enough to your liking, add more condensed milk. They should look like the same consistancy of pudding pops, thick and not too runny.
Pour Avocado Mixture Into Popsicle Molds
Once you have the flavor you are looking for, pour the mixture into popsicles mold, about 3/4’s full. Do not overfill the popsicles molds, if you overfill them it will make it more difficult to remove them from the molds.
Insert wooden sticks into the avocado popsicle mixture and freeze for at least 4 hours or best overnight. I highly recommend freezing them overnight before working with them.
How to remove popsicles from molds
The best way to remove the avocado popsicles from the mold is to run them under warm water for 2 minutes. They should easily pop out of the pop molds. If they still seem to be stuck to the molds, run them under warm water for another minute.
Chocolate Dipped Avocado Popsicles Notes
Feel free to skip dipping the popsicles into chocolate, avocado popsicles will still taste delicious without it. But if you do make the chocolate dip, It’s important to chop the chocolate to make it easier to melt. If you don’t, it can take at least 10 minutes to melt.
- ghardilli dark chocolate
- high quality milk chocolate bar
- or any high quality chocolate bar
How To Make Dipping Chocolate
Using the double boiler method, melt the chocolate until it is smooth. It will take about 5 minutes on medium/high heat. To use the double broiler method, grab a medium-sized pot and medium-sized microwave-safe bowl. Heat the water until it comes to a boil.
Reduce the heat and then place the microwave save bowl over the medium saucepan. The bowl should fit snug on top and not fall into the saucepan. Use a larger bowl if the bowl does not sit properly. Add the chocolate to the bowl and stir often to ensure the chocolate does not burn.
Dipping the Avocado Popsicles in Chocolate
Remove the bowl of fully melted chocolate from the saucepan and onto a heat-safe oven mitt or surface. Grabbing the avocado popsicles by the stick, dip the frozen popsicles in melted chocolate. Mix things up and drizzle the melted chocolate over popsicles for a more unique design.
Storing Avocado Popsicles
The chocolate will harden within 5 to 10 seconds. Once you are done dipping the avocado cream pops in the chocolate, place them on parchment paper, and dip the remaining popsicles.
If you are not eating them immediately, simply wrap individual popsicles in cling wrap and place them in a freezer-safe container, and store for up to 3 weeks. Although they are best enjoyed as soon as possible.
Summer Recipe Ideas
Try some of my other popular summer recipes, like my Mini Ice Cream Cakes. These cute little ice cream cakes are made with cookies, your favorite ice cream, and fresh peaches. Or maybe you are looking for a warm treat, like my Sea Salt Chocolate Chunk Skillet Cookie. Top it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and enjoy!
- 1 ripe avocado (large)
- 1 1/2 cups milk (or lactose free milk)
- 1/2 cup condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 8 oz good quality dark chocolate, chopped and melted
- In a blender, blend avocado meat, milk, condensed milk, cornstarch. Taste mixture, if it’s not sweet enough to your liking, add more condensed milk.
- Pour mixture into popsicles mold, about 3/4s full.
- Insert wooden sticks and freeze for at least 4 hours or best overnight.
- Over a double boiler, melt chocolate until smooth, about 5 minutes on high heat.
- Dip frozen popsicles in melted chocolate and/or drizzle melted chocolate over popsicles.
- Chocolate will harden within 5 to 10 seconds. Then place on parchment paper, and dip the remaining popsicles.
- If not eating immediately, wrap individual popsicles in cling wrap and place them in a freezer-safe container, and store.
- If using a small or medium avocado, you will need 2.
- The avocado mixture will be very thick, feel free to add more milk to thin it out.
- Feel free to omit the cornstarch avocado is already creamy as it is.
- It’s important to chop the chocolate to make it easier to melt. If you don’t, it can take at least 10 minutes to melt.
- Feel free to skip dipping the popsicles into chocolate, avocado popsicles will still taste delicious without it.
- Storage: This can be stored for up to 3 weeks if wrapped in a freezer-safe container.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 221Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 9mgSodium: 39mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 3gSugar: 19gProtein: 4g