These Chocolate Macarons with Salted Caramel Filling are a delight, so soft and full of flavor. Perfect for entertaining as well as sweet treat gifts to loved ones during the holidays.
If you have never made macarons before do not worry, the fun part about making these is there is a learning curve that everyone has to go through. My bestie Danielle who makes these for fun has probably made a million and one macarons in the past year. The one thing she always says is each time is different, I have to agree with my personal experience.
Are you a fan of the Classic Chocolate Macarons? instead of filling these delicious Chocolate Macarons with the Salted Caramel Filling, opt for fudge chocolate! The possibilities are endless when it comes to customizing these yummy sweet treats.
Chocolate Macarons Quick Tips
- Make sure you weigh all of your ingredients before beginning, Do not skip this step. It may seem like it’s not important but it makes a huge difference in this recipe.
- Use a piping bag or pastry bag for the batter and filling. Don’t make more work for yourself, work smarter not harder. Using the piping bag will give you more control. To easily fill a piping bag slip it over a tall glass and then fill it with batter or filling until about 1/2 full. Closeup and use as directed in the recipe.
- If they don’t turn out right do not worry. Try the recipe again another time and make sure you are not preparing this recipe in a humid environment.
- Allow the Macarons to rest at room temperature as the recipe instructions require. The trick to making Macarons is to take your time and be precise with your measurements and time.
Storing the Macarons
Keep the Chocolate Macarons stored an airtight container for up to 2-4 days. Place them in the refrigerator overnight after baking to help prolong the life of the Macarons. The life of the macaron depends on the moisture level in the filling. If you would prefer to store the Macaron shells separately then the life of the shells is typically fresh 4-6 days after being made.
Other Chocolate Recipes You Can Try
- Super Moist Chocolate Cupcakes & Salted Caramel Frosting and Caramel Filling. Try my crowd-pleasing, delicious, made from scratch Super Moist Chocolate Cupcakes with a Salted Caramel Frosting and Caramel Filling. Topped with caramel and sprinkled with sea salt, this decadent cupcake is perfect for chocolate lovers everywhere.
- Chocolate Cupcakes with Chocolate Buttercream Frosting & Marshmallow Creme Filling. Sink your teeth into a childhood favorite cupcake that is as easy to bake as it is to eat. My Chocolate cupcakes with Chocolate Buttercream frosting and marshmallow creme filling will make the kid in you cheer.
- Sea Salt Chocolate Chunk Skillet Cookie. Grab your cast iron skillets, it’s time to bake up a truly decadent Sea Salt Chocolate Chunk Skillet Cookie. Ready in just a few minutes, this Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie recipe is perfect for all ages.
Salted Caramel Ganache
For the Macarons
For the Salted Caramel Ganache
pan and place it over medium heat.
and then let it cool in the refrigerator for about 1 hour.
Chocolate Macarons Quick Tips