This creamy garlic parmesan shrimp recipe is the perfect weeknight dinner recipe. Ready in just minutes, this quick and easy shrimp recipe goes great with a fresh salad or on top of your favorite pasta.
Creamy Garlic Parmesan Shrimp
A family-loved recipe that is kid-approved by my picky eaters. It’s a wonderful go-to weeknight dinner recipe that only uses 7 ingredients. It really doesn’t get any more simple than this guys! Pair it with one of my absolutely delicious side dish recipes, creamy mashed potatoes, Slow Cooker Lobster Bisque Soup, or my Loaded Garlic Potato Skins.
Easy Creamy Parmesan Shrimp
If you love shrimp then this is the recipe for you. Toss this cheesy creamy parmesan garlic Sshrimp in with your favorite pasta, or over a bed of perfectly cooked zoodles. It’s one of the easiest shrimp recipes you will ever find on the internet that goes well with so many dishes.
Simple Garlic Parmesan Shrimp
Feel free to add red pepper flakes to spice things up, or add in a dash of Italian seasoning for extra flavor. A truly simple weeknight recipe that you can easily add your favorite vegetables to. Some vegetables I love to add to my simple garlic parmesan shrimp is spinach, kale, broccoli or even cauliflower!
This recipe uses kitchen items you most likely already have in your kitchen. However, as a true cook/baker knows, not every kitchen appliance or kitchen tool is created equal. I have been moving more towards cooking with my cast iron skillets and dutch ovens lately.
It’s the high-quality dependability that I love about them. Below are a few products I really love and would totally recommend adding to your kitchen lineup.
Creamy Garlic Parmesan Shrimp Ingredients
Every ingredient plays a wonderful part in this quick and easy recipe. While some ingredients you can sub out, others you can adjust to your flavor preferences. Please see some of my ingredients notes below.
- Butter – Whichever brand you prefer, currently my favorite brand is Challenge Butter.
- Shrimp – I like to use tiger shrimp, but you can use whatever shrimp you have on hand. Please make sure they are shelled and deveined.
- Garlic – I perfect to use fresh cloves of garlic, it gives it a fresher flavor than you would get with canned garlic.
- Flour – Regular all-purpose flour.
- Milk – Whole milk or heavy cream, the higher the fat content the richer the sauce will become.
- Lemon – A big ol’ Lemon! Adding a little bit of zest to this dish yum!
- Parmesan cheese – I highly recommend you use freshly shredded parmesan cheese, it’s easy and doesn’t take up a lot of time. However, you can use pre-shredded parmesan cheese if that is what you have on hand.
How To Cook Creamy Parmesan Garlic Shrimp
In a large skillet over medium high heat, melt the butter. Add the shrimp and add the garlic to pan skillet pan. Saute and cook the shrimp for about 1-2 minutes. Stirring constantly until fragrant. Now add in the flour, salt and pepper, and lemon slices and stir. Slowly, pour in the milk, stirring slowly and cooking until the sauce thickens.
Add the parmesan cheese in a single layer on top and then stir to incorporate it into the sauce. Cook for more than 30 seconds to 1 minute more (until it is nice and bubbly) and then remove the skillet from the heat. Serve immediately with salt, cracked pepper, and chopped parsley.
Do I need to devein my shrimp?
This I believe is a personal preference, I personally devein my shrimp. However there are days when I am rushing in the kitchen and forget to do that step, it happens. It definitely does not make or break this recipe if you skip this step.
Can I use frozen shrimp?
Of course! I do suggest thawing them overnight in the refrigerator so that they cook evenly. If do you opt to use frozen shrimp, a quick-cooking tip is to make sure you rinse the shrimp once they are fully thawed. Rinsing the shrimp will take away the grimy seawater flavor that usually builds up over time.
More Dinner Recipes
- Sundried Tomato, Spinach, Cheese Stuffed Chicken with Lemon Butter Sauce
- Chicken Artichoke Ciabatta Sandwich
- Grilled Chicken Teriyaki Kabobs
- Kung Pao Chicken
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 1 Pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp flour
- ¾ Cup milk
- 1 Lemon, sliced
- ⅓ Cup parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped parsley as a garnish
- In a large pan over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the shrimp and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 more minute, stirring constantly until fragrant.
- Add the flour, salt and pepper, and lemon slices and stir. Slowly, pour in the milk, stirring slowly and cooking until the sauce thickens.
- Add the parmesan cheese and stir to incorporate. Cook for 30 seconds to 1 minute more and remove from heat.
- Serve with cracked pepper and chopped parsley.
- This recipe is incredibly delicious and easy to make!
- You can serve it with pasta, a good risotto, polenta, or grits.
- You can remove the shrimp tails too to make them easier to eat.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 292Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 273mgSodium: 1390mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 31g