Easy and delicious Grilled Chicken Teriyaki Kabobs, perfect for family BBQs. Pair it with your family’s favorite vegetables and serve it alongside other iconic BBQ dishes.
Grilled Chicken Teriyaki Kabobs
Who doesn’t love the taste of grilled chicken? Add in some homemade teriyaki sauce and you’ve got a party! Well, at least that’s how it happened at my house.
Something about firing up a grill makes the whole family come together, and with a grill comes the food of course! I tried out my homemade teriyaki sauce and it was a hit! WOOHOO! Now I can indulge in a perfectly balanced sauce at home BAM!
My family loves this teriyaki sauce recipe, it works great with all types of meats, especially beef. It’s made using a few ingredients that you can find in your local grocery store. Just head to the Asian aisle to find everything you need here.
- Garlic minced
- Minced fresh ginger
- black pepper to taste
- Mirin, Japanese sweet rice wine
- Soy sauce
- Rice vinegar
- Sesame oil
- Brown sugar
Assemble the Chicken Teriyaki Kabobs
Feel free to mix up your veggie choices when it comes to this Chicken Teriyaki Kabob. There are so many ways you can pair different vegetables and fruits with this recipe. I currently am obsessed with using the vegetables listed below.
- Pineapple Chunks
- Red Peppers
More Great Recipes
Try some of my other great recipes on my blog that would go great as a side dish. Like my Buffalo Chicken Dip, or these easy Chocolate Cupcakes with Chocolate Buttercream Frosting. I hope your family enjoys these delicious Grilled Teriyaki Chicken Kabobs.
- 2lb's of chicken
- 7 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 2/3 cup mirin, Japanese sweet rice wine
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 4 1/2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/3 brown sugar
- black pepper to taste
- Mix mirin, soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, and sugar n a medium size mixing bowl. Season with garlic, ginger, and black pepper.
- Dice Chicken into about 1-2 inch thick chicken chunks. Add it to the teriyaki marinade. Store in a tightly sealed container in the refrigerator.
- Let your meat marinate for at least 30 minutes before cooking.
- *Optional* but if you would like you can cook the teriyaki sauce in a sauce pan on simmer for 10 minutes, let cook and then marinate your meat.
- Assemble the chicken teriyaki kabobs alternating between meat and vegetable. Careful to not overcrowd the kabob and to leave enough room at the top and bottom, so you can easily flip them on the grill.
- Cook the grilled chicken teriyaki kabobs on the grill for about 5-10 minutes, making sure to rotate them every few minutes. Cook them until they are at desired doneness.
- I like mine to be a little chared so I cook mine a little longer. Serve them with your favorite side dishes and enjoy!
Serving Size:1 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 172Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 811mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 2gSugar: 14gProtein: 5g