Last Saturday I was in the Farm Fresh Dairy Aisle where I attended an in store demo for Brooklyn Creamery. After sampling the product I had a lightbulb in my head to use this in my Crab Rangoon Recipe. It’s light and a perfect healthy aspect of the recipe that this mom would feel very comfortable serving her kids.
Crab Rangoon Recipe
Homemade Crab Rangoon
- - 1/2 Container of BK Creamery Extra Thick Cream
- - 1 Tablespoon of Brown Sugar
- - 1 Teaspoon of Soy Sauce
- - 8 Pieces of Imitation Crab Meat
- - 1 Teaspoon of Garlic Powder
- - 1 Package of Wonton Wrappers
- - 3 Tablespoons of Water
- - 3 Cups of Oil
- Pour half of the BK Creamery Extra Thick Cream into a small mixing bowl.
- Chop up the 8 pieces of imitation crab meat and then add it to the mixing bowl.
- Add the 1 Tablespoon of Brown Sugar and mix together.
- Add Teaspoon of Soy Sauce and 1 Teaspoon of Garlic Powder and mix well.
- Prepare the wonton wrappers by separating them and placing them on a flat plate or surface, keep the 3 Tablespoons of Water in a small container next to the wrappers.
- With one finger dip your finger into the water and then touch the outer lining of the wonton wrapper, fold corners together to make a triangle, then take two of the sides of the triangle and press them together. (Step by step photos provided below).
- Heat up 3 Cups of oil in a deep pot.
- Once oil is heated throw in 4-6 Crab Rangoon pieces at a time (cook on low).
- Flip the pieces as soon as the edges start to crisp up.
- As soon as they turn golden brown remove from the pot and let cool on a drying rack or paper towel.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Find Brooklyn Creamery Products in your local Stop and Shop or Giant Food Store in the Farm Fresh Dairy Isle.
During the demo, I was able to taste test this new product that seems to have many recipe possibilities. On the left side of the tray, there was the Extra Thick Single Cream. This cream was very light and had half the calories of its brother in cream the Extra Thick Double Cream. The Single Cream would go great with recipes and would definitely give you a healthy take on classic dishes. The samples on the right were the Extra Thick Double Cream, I thought this was a great pairing for strawberries or any fresh fruit! It isn’t chalked full of sugar an lets you enjoy the flavor of the cream without smothering the natural flavors of the fruit. I could definitely see myself using this as a whipping cream for a dish or just eating it like I did in the store with fresh strawberries.
These creams are not just good for you there is actually a good story behind them that you can find out on the Brooklyn Creamery Website which explains how this cream became a reality. This cream has NO Artificial Preservatives, it’s Gluten Free, rBST Free Milk and are you ready for this, 1/2 the fat of butter! Oh Yeah! Use it in so many recipes as your substitute for butter or milk. This was a great ingredient for my homemade crab rangoon recipe I was more than excited to share it with my family.