An authentic Instant Pot Andouille Sausage Jambalaya recipe that can be made in 30 minutes! This flavorful easy one-pan jambalaya recipe is made with andouille sausage, bell peppers, onion, celery, and spices. It’s an instant family favorite recipe that is perfect for busy nights.
Authentic Andouille Sausage Jambalaya Ingredients
Every authentic Andouille Sausage Jambalaya starts with of course Andouille sausage, but feel free to sub out this sausage for whatever you have on hand. Another key ingredient is rice! Not just any rice, but white long-grain rice which cooks perfectly in this recipe.
When it comes to creole seasoning, I prefer to use Tony Chachere’s creole seasoning for this recipe. However, if you have another brand you prefer to use, please feel free to sub that in.
Adjusting The Heat
Looking for an extra kick of spice for your Instant Pot Jambalaya recipe? Leave the seeds in the jalapeno for a small kick of spice that will bump up the flavor without burning your mouth off. Looking for a more mild flavor? Use only half of the Jalapeno and do not forget to remove the seeds before adding it in.
Instant Pot Andouille Sausage Jambalaya Ingredients
- Green bell pepper
- Jalapeno pepper
- Tomato paste
- Chicken stock
- Hot sauce
- Bay leaves
- Green onions
More Instant Pot Recipes
If you love cooking with Instant Pot or Pressure Cooker as much as I do, then you will love my other recipes. My most popular Indian Butter Chicken recipe is kid-approved and a dish where the leftovers are the best part!
- Pressure Cooker Indian Butter Chicken
- Buffalo Chicken Dip | Instant Pot + Slow Cooker
- Instant Pot Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Instant Pot Lemon and Herb Chicken with Mashed Potatoes
- ½ cup onion, diced
- 1 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 2 TBSP minced garlic
- 1 jalapeno pepper, diced (remove seeds from pepper)
- 13 oz andouille sausage, sliced (I use 1 package of Hillshire Farm Cajun Style Andouille Smoked Sausage)
- 2 TBSP creole seasoning (I use “Tony Chachere’s seasoning creole). Use 1 TBSP if you prefer your food less spicy.
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- 1 TBSP tomato paste
- 1 ½ cup of white long-grain rice)
- 1 – 14 oz can of diced tomatoes (make sure to not drain liquid)
- 1 ¾ chicken stock
- 1 tsp hot sauce (omit if prefer less spicy)
- ½ TBSP Worcestershire sauce
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 TBSP green onions
- Turn your instant pot on to sauté mode. Once it is fully heated, add in your oil and all of the sausage. Once your sausage has fully cooked and browned a bit, removed from the instant pot. Set aside.
- Next, add your onions, and green bell peppers to your instant pot. Cook until the veggies are more translucent. They should take about three minutes.
- Add in your garlic and sauté for about a minute. You don’t want to cook it too long to burn it. You just want to allow all the flavors to mix together. Next, add in your jalapeño. Stir well.
- Add in your creole seasoning, thyme, tomato paste and salt. Mix well.
- Add your rice. Mix well making sure that your rice is well incorporated with the rest the ingredients in your instant pot. Sauté this for about a minute. Turn off sauté mode by selecting cancel on your instant pot.
- Add in your diced tomatoes, chicken stock, Hot sauce, and Worcestershire sauce. Mix well, and add in your cook sausage, green onions, and bay leaves.
- Using a wooden spoon or strong spatula, scrape the bottom of your instant pot to prevent any burn notices as your instant pot may have built up some food residue when sautéing.
- Close the lid on your instant pot by screwing it tightly. Close the valve by pushing it away from you and sealing the lid. Set your instant pot to high pressure for seven minutes.
- Once the timer is complete, allow your instant pot to naturally release for about 15 minutes to make sure that all of the flavors are incorporated, and your rice is fully cooked.
- After this, do a manual release by bringing the valve toward you to release the pressure.
- You now have authentic southern Jambalaya! Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 377Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 59mgSodium: 1900mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 3gSugar: 8gProtein: 16g