Get ready to celebrate 25 years of Blue’s Clues with the special 2-disc DVD release of Blue’s Clues & You! Story Time with Blue! Watch my exclusive interview with the Creators of Blue’s Clues, Traci Paige Johnson and Angela Santomero.
Blue’s Clues & You: Story Time With Blue
Are you ready for Story Time with Blue? Play Blue’s Clues to help figure out Blue’s favorite story. Then, imagine along with Josh and Blue, attend Blue’s first pajama party, and help Blue’s friends discover her favorite part of bedtime!
This special 2-DVD set also includes Blue’s Biggest Stories in celebration of the 25th anniversary of Blue’s Clues! Steve and Joe join Blue and all of her friends for more stories!
Order the Blue’s Clues & You: Story Time With Blue DVD on Amazon or your local retailer today!
Disc One – Blue’s Clues & You! Story Time with Blue:
- Story Time with Blue
- Blue’s Big Imagination
- Pajama Party with Blue
- Sleepy Singalong with Blue
- Special Features:
- Freeze Dance!
Disc Two – Blue’s Clues: Blue’s Biggest Stories:
- Blue’s Big Birthday
- Treasure Hunt
- Blue’s Pajama Party
- Magenta Gets Glasses
- Steve Goes to College
- Blue Takes You to School
- The Legend of the Blue Puppy
- Blue’s Room Snacktime Play Date
- Special Features:
- Blue’s Memory Photos
- Blue’s Room Shorts
Interview with the Creators of Blue’s Clues
I had the honor of interviewing the creators of Blue’s Clues last week. During the interview, we talked about the origins of the Blue’s Clues show and how it has grown over the last 25 years.
It was an amazing experience and cool to learn about a show that I used to watch as a kid.
Interview with Traci Paige Johnson & Angela Santomero
Watch my full interview with Traci Paige Johnson and Angela Santomero, where we talk about their newest 2-disc special Blue’s Clues & You: Story Time With Blue.
Along with some fun facts and behind-the-scenes information about how this show went from a script to television.
The creators of Blue’s Clues share how their personal life experiences from their childhood, made it into the show.
As well as more information about how they keep Nickelodeon’s Blue’s Clues show relevant in these modern times. So take a seat in your thinking chair and check out my full interview above.
You Can’t Spell Blue without YOU Video
Nickelodeon is commemorating 25 years of its groundbreaking animated series Blue’s Clues, which launched Sept. 8, 1996, with a one-of-a-kind nostalgic music video titled “You Can’t Spell Blue without YOU,”
Featuring Blue’s Clues & You! star Josh Dela Cruz and former Blue’s Clues hosts, Donovan Patton and Steve Burns, alongside real-life fans from various generations who grew up watching the series.
Available to view on Nickelodeon and the Nick Jr. channel and across Nick Jr.’s social media platforms, the music video was directed by Steve Burns.
In “You Can’t Spell Blue without YOU,” Blue and the Blue’s Clues hosts acknowledge the generations of fans throughout the years through song.
The video features a series of images and art from past and present viewers as well as fans all grown up holding up photos of themselves as little kids.
5 Fun Facts About Blue’s Clues
- The show was originally created using a cat, however, they were unable to use a cat because of a conflicting show that was currently under development.
- After having developed the pilot episode using a cat character, the creators were sent back to the drawing board. That’s when Traci sat down and sketched blue freehand, after that, history was made.
- Blue is a bulldog! Have you ever wondered what breed of dog Blue is? I know I have had many debates about this with friends and family. But sources say Blue is indeed a Bull Dog!
- Samantha actually is the inspiration behind the salt and pepper shaker characters and many other characters in Blue’s Clues. These characters came from her childhood when she would spend time making her family laugh using random objects and her imagination.
- The first Blue’s Clue’s pilot was screened in front of real preschoolers, Traci’s friend who was a teach helped coordinate the screening. Ever since then they screen each episode with preschoolers making sure it is still relevant and captures the attention of their audience.
About Blue’s Clues
With critical praise from educators, parents, and preschoolers, Blue’s Clues has generated an enormous global fanbase over the years in over 160 countries and more than 20 languages. Blue’s Clues drew acclaim and high ratings for its unique interactivity that helped change the way kids watch television and has remained one of the most popular preschool shows of all time.
The landmark series also raised the bar in preschool television by exploring advanced subject matter such as sign language, geography, physics, emotions, and anatomy. The show is the recipient of numerous awards including Peabody Awards, Parents Choice Awards, Television Critics Association Awards, and Prix Jeunesse.
About Blue’s Clues & You!
The legacy and lasting impact of the series continues with the remake of Blue’s Clues & You! in 2019, which has a new generation of preschoolers searching for clues with beloved puppy Blue and new live-action host Josh (Josh Dela Cruz).
The series features new CG animation for Blue and Magenta, brand-new elements, and refreshed iconic items from the original series including an updated Handy Dandy Notebook.
Equipped with smartphone technology and the return of fan-favorite characters. Blue’s Clues & You!, produced by Nickelodeon Animation Studio in Burbank, Calif., was recently picked up for a fourth season and nominated for two Daytime Emmy Awards. Currently, in its second season, the show airs weekdays at 11 a.m. (ET/PT) on Nickelodeon.