There’s something about Lemon Pound cake that seems to hit a soft spot in me, well okay let’s face it I’m addicted to food. So whenever I find a delectable dessert or savory dish I just have to go home and recreate it myself. Taking the restaurant or coffee house home with you is always a preferred method for this busy momma.
Not to mention me making it at home means I can make enough to share with my whole family. To start off how this recipe came about I think I would have to explain my true addiction to Starbucks and their coffee’s and pastries.
That espresso/coffee smell you encounter as soon as you open a Starbucks door is something so amazing I can’t even put it into words. It’s like that feeling you get in the morning when you make the first pot of coffee or like me the first cup with my K-Cup.
Among my favorite pastries, Starbucks offer’s Lemon Pound Cake has to be in my top 5 of favorites. Luckily I found a way to bring this delicious recipe home with you, with this super moist and mouthwatering Lemon Pound Cake recipe.
Did I mention you get to control the icing on this? Uh yeah, you can! Meaning you can add as much or as little as you please. Confession….I added more lol.
Moist Lemon Cake
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 ?4 cup oil
- 1/4 cup of Margarine
- 4 oz Lemon Flavored Jello Cook and Serve Pudding
- 4 oz Vanilla Flavored Jello Cook and Serve Pudding
- 1 Package of Pillsbury Simply White Cake Mix or your own choice of cake mix
- Preheat your oven to 350 Degrees, and line 2 loaf pans with parchment paper or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Blend eggs, melted butter, oil and milk together.
- Once those have been blended, add in the Lemon and Vanilla flavored Cook and Serve pudding mix. Then add the cake mix and blend well together.
- Pour mix into the 2 loaf pans, and then cook for 35 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool completely and then add your Lemon Icing to the top of both loafs. Add as much or as little as you would like. Refrigerate to harden the icing and then cut and serve as you wish. Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.