This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #TeamPizza #CB #CollectiveBias
In the Simms household, Game Day is a serious day (not too serious though mostly fun). Being a mom, I am always thinking of ways to my team’s heart by providing snacks, to fill their bellies. I guess you can say I’m in mom mode 100% of the time, especially during these fun moments. Most of the time my kids tend to jump up and down while they scream GO GO GO!
Meaning anything in their hands is most likely going on the ground or on themselves. It honestly wasn’t too long ago when that was once me cheering on our beloved football team. Did I ever tell yall I used to be a cheerleader when I was in Middle School? Yeah, I embarrass my little ones with my old school cheers, I only do it when we have company. I mean we have to share the spirit of football whenever we can right?
Cheerleading is always a fun yet physical sport but, preparing my team’s snacks can be a feat in its self. To tackle their growing hunger I head to Target to score some great deals on tasty foods. My go to team player is always a quick yet delicious frozen pizza, our number one draft pick is always Red Baron. At such a great price and with so many delicious flavors, it’s hard to pick just one. Red Baron is also offering an amazing opportunity for their pizza lovers. You can head over to their website and enter to win a ton of prizes! Pizza and prizes? OH YEAH!
My team loves to have their pizza’s in the brick oven style, just because it gives it that extra umph when it’s done. For this game, we all agreed on a classic Cheese and Pepperoni pizza. Let me tell you though, just getting them to agree on something is a sport in its self. With Red Baron here are so many choices I can always see why it’s so hard at these points.
What’s a game without pie?! An Edward’s pie to be exact! My kids inherited my super huge sweet tooth, so of course we congregated in the pies aisle and picked out our favorite pies. I may or may not have had something to do with the Turtle Pie. Let’s just say I possibly, no I think I was the most excited about the Turtle pie. My 2 year old picked out the Hersheys Creme pie of course. She loves her chocolate milk with Hershey’s syrup, so it wasn’t a surprise she screamed when she saw this one.
Don’t forget to always check your cartwheel yall while you are in Target! You never know what type of savings will pop up while you’re out shopping. I managed to save some money just by adding my coupons and then scanning my cartwheel at checkout. If you have never had an Edwards pie before then you will be pleasantly surprised to find out that they are non-bake pies. What does this mean for us mom’s? Well! This means we only need to Thaw and Serve! How easy is that mom’s? I mean don’t you wish all meals were as simple and tasted so amazing?
Now that I have my pizza and my pie, I can head home! Since these two delicious foods take literally no time to make, I had extra time to concentrate on setting up the game table, as well as some other treats to eat. While everyone is waiting for the big game on TV I am in the kitchen whipping up some delicious snacks for them.
Since I had so much time to concentrate on setting up the table, I decided to throw in some of my extra delicious Loaded Garlic Potato Skins. These things are so yummy, I have a hard time keeping meeting the kids stomach demands. I fill up the plate, turn around and it’s empty again. Maybe I need a bigger plate? Along with the potato skins, I threw together some nacho cheese and some crock pot chili. I started that before I went to Target and let it cook while I shopped and also while I cooked the other food. Super easy and convenient.
In order to eat, you have to suit up! Getting your plates and then moving on to the next station is always fun. You have to make sure you pick the right size plate though so you don’t have to juggle too many on your way to your seat.
Pick your team! Picking your team can be hard, but in this case, you can pick more than one! There’s always more in the oven so have at it, kids!
Pick your play. You can have either some potato skins or some nachos. What they hey have all of it! It’s game day, so you gotta make sure plates are full. It’s hard to cheer on an empty stomach, right mom?
During halftime, the kids seem to wander around the house and get into things while they are still excited. So to keep them congregating in the living room I found out giving them a sweet treat kept them near. Nothing too elaborate, just some cupcakes with green vanilla icing.
Although those cupcakes were amazing, my kids were really waiting for the Edwards pie we bought earlier. I cleared the table of all the other snacks, (or what was left of them) then set up the table for some pie. They all lined up and placed their orders. For once during the entire game, it was actually quiet. Surprising right! I honestly think they just didn’t want to waste the pie by screaming and having some of it getting everywhere. Who knows?
It was a pretty hard decision for me to choose between the two pies. So I just got a piece of both woohoo! I must say it hit the spot and left me wanting more! I guess in some ways I should be thankful the rest was devoured by my little minions, leaving me with just a memory of what once was. Psst, there’s another turtle pie in my freezer hehe.
Have you ever had an Edwards pie before? What’s your favorite flavor? Have you ever had a Red Baron pizza? What’s your families flavor? I know I know hard to just pick one, so just let us know all of them. I’m sure I’ve tried all of the flavors more than a dozen times already.
You can find the full recipe for the Loaded Garlic Potato Skins below, I hope your family enjoys them like mine did.
What You Will Need:
- 8-11 Russet Potatoes
- ½ Cup of Sharp Cheese
- ½ Cup of Mild Cheddar Cheese
- ½ Cup of Swiss Cheese
- ½ Cup of Cheddar Jack Cheese
- Olive Oil
- 1 Cup of Garlic Butter
- 6-8 Pieces of Cooked and Chopped Maple bacon
- Clean and then set the potatoes to dry. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Once potatoes are completely dry rub olive oil all over the potatoes, sprinkle them with Kosher Salt (optional) and then lay them on a lined pan.
- Place in the oven and cook for 40 minutes, or until each of the potatoes are tender. Pull the potatoes out and then let cool for a few minutes.
- Cut the potatoes in half long ways, scoop out the insides of the potatoes leaving a thin or thick lining.Place half of the contents in a mixing bowl, and the other half in a bowl to use for whatever you want. We only need half of the scooped potatoes so have fun with the rest!
- Take half of the garlic butter and melt it down, scoop it into the potatoes and then spread throughout it. Optional but you can also place some garlic butter on the bottom of the potato skins as well.
- Place the potato skins back in the oven for anywhere between 5-7 minutes, or until the potato skins are nice and crispy.
- While the potatoes are getting crisp in the oven, take half of all the cheeses and mix it in with the scooped out potatoes in the mixing bowl. Use half of the bacon as well, mix in the remaining garlic butter. Mix well.
- Pull the potatoes from the oven once they are nice and crisp, and then place your loaded potato mixture into each of the potato skins.
- In the now empty mixing bowl, combine the remainder of the cheeses in the bowl and then sprinkle over top of each of the potatos. If you need more cheese go crazy and add more.
- Sprinkle on the bacon for each of the potato's. Pop them back in the oven for about 5 minutes, or until the cheese is nice and melted. Top with cilantro or whatever herbs your family loves.