A quick and easy holiday dessert recipe, these Marshmallow Christmas Cupcakes are made with boxed cake mix for a hassle-free cupcake recipe. Top these moist chocolate cupcakes with marshmallow frosting and fun holiday-themed candy.
Marshmallow Christmas Cupcakes
Deck the halls, and fill your home with the smell of fresh-baked cupcakes! This cupcake is so simple to make and so affordable you will wonder why you haven’t baked it before. My kids get out of school for their winter break about a week before Christmas actually begins.
So to cater to their never-ending need to keep occupied with activities. I came up with this super cute cupcake to make with them. The best part is the kids love making them and decorating them on their own.
Easy Marshmallow Christmas Cupcakes
When it’s snowing outside and the kids can’t go out, it’s almost like the world has come to a halt. Most days the TV will play the same old episodes of their favorite shows, so finding something they like is a bit difficult. Baking has always been a fun thing for my kids to do on days like these.
Through the years my kids have shown they not only love to cook, but baking of course is their favorite thing to do. I’m wondering if it’s because most baking recipes contain tons of yummy chocolate and oh yeah sugar!
Anywho back to these delicious cupcakes. I found some cute cupcake toppers from my local Walmart store and quickly put them to use. The kids loved the little Gingerbread man marshmallows they found so we put him beside the toppers, Perfect!
The snow sprinkles were also found at Walmart and have come in handy for many of my recipes. I made some snowball cake pops with those sprinkles, and they came out fantastic! Those are something else my kids LOVE to make as well. It’s so simple and easy to make, did I mention it keeps them occupied for hours on end! Oh yes mom, it does!
Marshmallow Christmas Cupcakes Ingredients
- boxed Chocolate Cake
- Marshmallow Whipped Frosting
- Water or milk
- Cupcake toppers
- Cupcake Sprinkles,
- Gingerbread Man Marshmallows
- Piping Bag
How To Make Marshmallow Christmas Cupcakes
Prepare the boxed cake mix as directed, then scoop the cake mix into cupcake tins filled with cupcake liners. Fill the cupcake liners to about 2/3, leaving room for the cupcake to expand. Bake as directed on the boxed chocolate cake mix. When they are finished, pull them out and let them cool completely in the pan.
After the cupcakes have cooled to room temperature, you will need to fill a piping bag with the marshmallow icing. Alternatively, you can use a butter knife, spatula, or cake decorating tool. Depending on how generous you plan to top these cupcakes, you will need more than 1 container of frosting for your 20-24 cupcakes.
Top with cupcake toppers, sprinkles and gingerbread marshmallow man. Enjoy!
- 1 boxed Chocolate Cake, I used Duncan Hines Dark Chocolate Fudge
- 2-3 Countainters of Marshmallow Whipped Frosting
- 3 Eggs
- 1/3 Cup of Oil
- 1 Cup of Water, You can substitute this for 1 cup of milk for a more MOIST cupcake
- 1 set of Cupcake toppers
- Cupcake Sprinkles, I have some that look like snow
- 1 Bag of Gingerbread Man Marshmallows
- 1 Piping Bag
- Make the boxed cake as directed, and then scoop the cake into cupcake pans with liners.
- After you fill the piping bag make a clean cut in the bag and then top the cupcakes. You do NOT need a tip for this but if you would like to use a piping tip you are welcome to use them at this point.
- Bake as directed on box. When they are finished, pull them out and let them cool completely.
- In a piping bag fill it up with the whipped Marshmallow frosting. Depending on how generous you plan to top these cupcakes, you will need more than 1 container of frosting for your 20-24 cupcakes.
- Top with cupcake toppers, sprinkles and gingerbread marshmallow man.
Serving Size:1 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 119Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 28mgSodium: 76mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 0gSugar: 9gProtein: 2g