Pressure Cooker Biko Filipino Sweet Rice Cake (No Soak)
This dish is so sweet and delicious I cannot wait for you to try it for yourself. This is my Pressure Cooker Biko Filipino Sweet Rice Cake No Soak Recipe. I love to enjoy mine with fresh slices of mango’s or with the caramel topping you see in the photos. This method is perfect for those who forget to soak their sweet rice the night before. I’m super busy with my four kids it’s hard to remember to do things like this sometimes.
I love how with this recipe even though it takes a while to cook it comes out so delicious, and as the cook, you get first dibs on the fresh batch of sweet rice! This is a Filipino version that I’m sure resembles Rice Pudding. It is ooey gooey goodness that only needs to be reheated after it’s been refrigerated to get back to its original delicious self.
If you would like you can use small ceramic oven-safe dishes and divide the contents into them evenly. Keep all of the cooking times the same but ensure that there is an equal amount of liquid in each mini ceramic dish. Do not overfill your mini ceramic dishes, to ensure even cooking keep the rice below the middle mark of your dishes. Make sure there is enough liquid in each dish by only filling it to a little below 3/4.
- 1 1/2 Cups of Asian Sweet Rice
- 2 Can's of Coconut Milk
- 1/2 Cup of White Sugar
- 1/2 Cup of Light Brown Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon of Vanilla
- 3 Cups of Water
- Fill your pot with the 3 Cups of Water.
- In a 7 cup Microwave/oven safe bowl, fill it with the sweet rice brown and white sugar. Stir together and mix well.
- Open and add the coconut milk and vanilla. Mix well and cover with aluminum foil.
- Add a wire stand to your pot high enough so the bowl will NOT touch the water at the bottom of the pot.
- Turn on pot and set it to manual High 75 Minutes.
- Once finished give it a Manual Pressure Release. Open the pot and check the middle of the rice. if it still needs time, close the lid and let sit for another 10 minutes. Once rice is perfectly cooked remove the bowl from the pot and transfer to a casserole dish. Add caramel topping and cut and serve immediately.
- Serve Now with a cup of coffee,
- Enjoy later and just reheat for 1 minute and 45 seconds per squares.