I have been a long time Hamburger Helper fan, ever since I was a little girl my mom used to make these delicious quick fix meals for my brother and I. Through the year’s I had gone through many flavors of the boxed meals they offered. The one flavor I fell in love with was the Cheddar Melt Hamburger Helper. I know you are thinking it’s definitely got to be as easy as just adding ground beef, cheese, and noodles. When in fact there is more to this dish, it will shock you with the actual secret ingredients hidden in this delicious dish.
After investigating ingredients for this dish I came to find in this recipe there are actually three different kinds of cheese. I was as shocked as you probably are to find that the Cheddar Melt isn’t just made with Cheddar Cheese. I put my hunch up to the test and came out with something so delicious I can only think “wow I made this myself!”. I even asked the kids what they thought and I got a standing ovation for how creamy and perfect it was.
The best thing about this dish is you can control the cheese intake and of course there are so many things you could add to or take from this dish. My family loves having a 2:3 ratio of noodles to meat, but if you would like to have more meat just double the designated meat suggestion in the recipe below. You can also sub the ground beef with any of your favorite ground meat choices. The leftovers are just as delicious as fresh out the pot as well.
PS: If you are thinking hmm…why isn’t this the same color as the boxed version, the boxed version has food color dye. I omitted this from my recipe but you are free to play with colors if you wish! Have fun!
If you love this recipe make sure you check out my other great Pressure Cooker Recipes. Including this delicious Copycat Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi Soup, and Indian Butter Chicken that is also delicious on the 3rd day of leftovers!
Pressure Cooker Copycat Hamburger Helper Cheddar Melt
- 1 lb of Ground Beef/Chicken/Turkey/Pork
- 1/2 Tablespoon of Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Tablespoon of Onion Powder
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 Box of Farfalle Noodles
- 3/4 Cup of Beef Stock or replace the stock with water
- 1/4 Cup of Chicken Stock or replace the stock with water
- 1 1/2 Cups of Milk
- 2 Cups of Cheddar
- 4 Tablespoons of Ricotta Cheese
- 1-2 Tablespoons of Blue Cheese
- Turn the pot on and press the Saute Button or press the Chicken/Meat Button. Saute the ground meat and add the powdered garlic, onion, salt, and pepper.
- Add the Noodles and the Beef and Chicken Stock (replace measurements with water if needed).
- Turn on Manual High 8 Minutes.
- Quick Release the pressure and then immediately add the milk and cheeses. Stir and let boil for 2-3 minutes and stir to combine. If noodles need more time in the pot just let boil till they are to your preference.
- Serve with some Cheddar Cheese and Parsley flakes sprinkled on top.