An easy instant pot recipe for fall off the bone Filipino BBQ Ribs. Made in just minutes, try my delicious crowd-pleasing pressure cooker recipe, perfect for any occasion.
Pressure Cooker Filipino BBQ Ribs
My family loves my Filipino style BBQ Ribs. They are so easy to make and with this recipe, I can adjust how savory or sweet I want them to taste that day. This is a great grill recipe, but in the dead of winter, no one really wants to stand outside in the cold weather to cook.
I converted my Filipino BBQ Ribs grill recipe to a pressure cooker recipe which I believe is super awesome. It’s fall off the bone delicious and a crowd-pleaser for any occasion.
Easy Filipino BBQ Ribs
I have a local Filipino Store near me which sells my favorite Filipino Soy sauce (Silver Swan Brand). I use that for every recipe I make in my home. It is actually a tiny bit sweeter than your average joe soy sauce which boasts a less harsh bitterness than other brands have.
I highly recommend you use this brand of soy sauce if you don’t have it you can always use another brand but add on an extra Tablespoon of Brown Sugar (or regular sugar) for this recipe.
Filipino BBQ Ribs Ingredients
- Soy Sauce
- fresh lemons
- brown sugar
Filipino BBQ Ribs
My pressure cooker has seriously been a lifesaver when it comes to making quick dinners. I’m used to slaving over a stove for hours when it comes to my traditional Filipino recipes.
I was able to cut this recipe down to half the time and the best part. The meat falls off the bone and this mom can’t be happier about that. Most other Filipino style BBQ recipes call for the Star Anise spice but my kiddos don’t like that, so I made this fit for our household.
Pressure Cooker Honey Sesame Chicken
Come back and let us know what your family thought of the ribs, and also don’t forget to share with your family and friends! If you liked this Filipino Pressure Cooker recipe head over to and check out my Pressure Cooker Honey Sesame Chicken.
It is out of this world delicious and perfect for meal prep Asian style salads, I bring them to work all the time and I love them.
More Pressure Cooker/ Instant Pot Recipes
- 1 Rack of Spare Ribs, the smaller sized the better
- 1 Cup of Silver Swan, filipino soy sauce (use 1 Tablespoon of Brown Sugar if using other brand of soy sauce)
- 2 Lemons Juiced
- 1 Cup of Ketchup
- 6 Tablespoons of Brown Sugar
- 4 Garlic Gloves Minced
- 1 Onion Minced
- Preheat your oven to Broil Temperature. (For crispy Ribs, SKIP THIS STEP if you wish to not have crispy ribs)
- In your pot select the Saute button OR Press your Chicken/Meat Button, saute the garlic and onions in a light oil bath.
- Once the onions are almost fully cooked add the soy sauce, ketchup, sugar, and lemon juice. Mix until well blended.
- Cut your rack of ribs into three portions and then add them to the pot. Select Manual 35 Minutes or Click Chicken/Meat and manually add on minutes until you get to 35 minutes.
- Wait till the pot beeps when it's done and then release the pressure. Remove the ribs (spoon sauce from pot over ribs) and place them on a baking sheet then into the oven under broil for 5-10 minutes. Until you are happy with the crispiness.
- Let the sauce site in the pot to thicken and spoon over the ribs.
- Serve with white jasmine rice or with whatever side you love.