Try my stress-free Instant Pot Filipino Leche Flan Recipe. This Filipino version is made with eggs and milk for a custard-like texture, giving you a thick and smooth Leche flan that comes topped with homemade caramel sauce.
Filipino Leche Flan
A Filipino party is never complete without at least 2 Leche Flans on the dessert table. I’m sure you’re wondering what is the real difference between a Filipino Leche Flan and another Flan recipe.
Let me tell you first that you will never truly know until you actually try one. Secondly, the difference that I personally love about our version is that it’s almost like a custard.
But it’s still got that nice caramel flavor that brings everything together. As you can see in the photos below there are almost no bubbles making it an amazingly smooth Instant Pot Filipino Leche Flan Recipe.
Filipino Style Leche Flan
My dad is one of the biggest fans of Filipino Leche Flan in my family. Since it’s normally only made on special occasions we rarely get to eat it. To be honest it’s the process that makes it such an unpopular dish to make.
Mainly the reason why some people don’t enjoy making it is that it involves separating the eggs and attentive oven checks. That is why we typically will only see them on special occasions such as Christmas, Thanksgiving, etc.
Thanks to my pressure cooker though I’m able to bring him these delicious Leche Flans on a weekly basis. Our hips are not so happy about this weekly treat, but our taste buds and hearts are completely happy.
If you loved this Flan recipe please comment below sharing how you shared your Filipino Leche Flan with your family.
Filipino Leche Flan Cooking Tips
- I highly recommend when you create this dish that you use a flat bottom Pyrex/other brands Microwave and Oven safe Clear Bowl. That is what I used in my recipe and it came out perfect!
- If in any case, your flan is at the tip of being done after you have followed my recipe to a T (it happens sometimes due to weather and altitude issues.) Pop it back into the pressure cooker for 5 minutes HIGH and then give it another 10 Minutes of NPR. It should completely finish the dish and be toothpick perfect.
- Use a flat cooking container, the larger the bowl the longer it will take to cook.
More Pressure Cooker/ Instant Pot Recipes
- Pressure Cooker Copycat Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi Soup
- Pressure Cooker Chicken Florentine
- Pressure Cooker Filipino Oxtail Soup
- Pressure Cooker Indian Butter Chicken
- 10 Egg Yolks
- 1 Can of Condensed Milk
- 1 Can of Evaporate Milk
- 1/2 Cup of Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon of Vanilla
- 2 Cups of Water
- 2 Flat bottom Pyrex 7" Bowls
- 5 "-7" Trivet
- Optional: Fashion a Foil handle by rolling out a long piece of foil and folding it lengthwise. MUST be long enough to wrap around bowl and act as handles
- In a mixing bowl separate egg whites and egg yolks. Set Egg whites in a storage container and keep in the fridge for other recipes.
- Wisk the egg yolks together until well blended DO NOT OVER MIX.
- Slowly mix in condensed milk, and then evaporate milk, Mix well
- Mix in the sugar and vanilla DO NOT OVER MIX YOU DONT WANT BUBBLES!
- Dump the water into the pot and then add the trivet.
- In 2 Pyrex Bowls pour in caramel at the bottom of the bowls to cover entire bottoms.
- Split the liquid mix into the two bowls evenly.
- Cover each of the bowls with foil tapping sides gently to release any extra bubbles.
- Use the foil handle you fashioned earlier to prop the bowl on top of and then place onto of trivet.
- Fold handles down on top of the bowl and then place the lid on and lock.
- Cook on Manual 16 Minutes with a 10 minute NPR
- Remove and then do a toothpick check. If the toothpick comes out clean then load in the other bowl of leche flan and repeat cook time above.
- Once both are finished place in the fridge overnight (the longer it sits the better!).
- To serve simply use a spatula to gently separate the flan from the sides of the bowl, and then use a larger plate to flip onto. TO FLIP use a large plate and place it on top of the bowl, once you have it safely secured flip the bowl and then twist side to side slowly until the flan falls.
- Serve any time of the day with a hot cup of coffee.