Pressure Cooker Honey Sesame Chicken
As many of my readers know I am an Asian American who’s taste buds love to travel. I love to try new foods and share them with my family and friends. One of the best things I can do is create a recipe that is not only quick and easy but something my kids will devour without question.
Don’t get me wrong, my kids can be the pickiest eaters in the world, but I’ve found that when I keep to the Asian aspect of our heritage I tend to win in the dinner department. Whenever chicken goes on sale at my local grocery store I love to grab up as many chicken thighs as we can stomach and get to cooking.
I converted my oven recipe into this pressure cooker recipe and I just love it! The chicken was so tender and moist it fell off the bone with ease. Since I’m the only one who loves crispy skin, I broiled my pieces of chicken and kept the kiddos chickens in the pot to soak up more of the sauce. I served them over a bed of freshly steamed jasmine rice and let the food do the talking after that.
Come back and let us know what your family thought of it and let us know how your’s turned out. If you love pressure cooker or instant pot chicken recipes check out my Pressure Cooker Lemon and Herb Recipe for your next dinner meal.
- Chicken Thighs, bone in
- 1 Slice Onion
- 5 Garlic cloves minced
- 1 Cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 4 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 green onions, chopped
- Sesame seeds
- Preheat pressure cooking pot using the saute setting, or hit the Chicken button. Add oil, onion, garlic and saute for 3-5 minutes. Add the chicken to the pot skin side down.
- Add soy sauce, ketchup to the pressure cooking pot and stir to combine. Press the Chicken/Poultry button or manual 15 minutes.
- Once the Pressure Cooker beeps when it's done hit the pressure release. Wait till the lid unlocks and then remove the chicken thighs.
- Add sesame oil and honey to the pot and stir to combine. In a small cup or bowl, dissolve the cornstarch in water and add to the pot and stir. Select Saute or hit the chicken button again and simmer until sauce thickens.
- For Crispy Skin set the oven to broil, put the chicken thighs onto a pan and cover with the sauce from the pot. Pop the chicken thighs into the oven under broil for 5-10 minutes depending on how much you like your skin's crispy. *IF YOU DON'T LIKE CRiSPY SKIN SKIP THIS STEP*
- Serve with fresh steamed rice, and add sliced green onions and sesame seeds.
- Serve and enjoy!