From prep to finish my Instant Pot Lemon and Herb Chicken with Mashed Potatoes are ready in just 30 minutes. Amazingly flavorful with a savory lemon and herb sauce, this chicken dinner easily feeds a family of 5.
Instant Pot Lemon and Herb Chicken Ready in 30 Minutes!
This has become one of my favorite meals to make in my Instant Pot. This Pressure Cooker Lemon and Herb Chicken with Mashed Potatoes are so simple to make, It feed’s my family of 5 in just 30 minutes! How fast do you think you could prep, cook, and plate this?
It was definitely a delicious meal and was truly one of the cheapest yet affordable meals I have made in a long time. The carrots soak up all that delicious lemon flavor and it’s just so delicious. This is definitely a delicious way to get my kids to eat their vegetables for sure.
Lemon and Herb Chicken with Mashed Potatoes
If you love a big punch of lemon in your dish, add more lemons! I love mine to have a big punch of lemon but my kids don’t, so I save a lemon on the side and squeeze it directly onto my chicken. Oh yeah! It’s good!
Check out what pot I used HERE to make this and how you can get one for yourself! Try my recipe and come back and tell us what you think. Add what your family said and also if you put a spin on it.
Try My Other Pressure Cooker/ Instant Pot Recipes
- Pressure Cooker Copycat Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi Soup. Bring the restaurant home with my Instant Pot Copycat Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi Soup. Better than the restaurant, make this deliciously easy creamy soup recipe goes perfectly with a fresh-baked breadstick.
- Pressure Cooker Chicken Florentine. Try this one-pot Pressure Cooker Chicken Florentine recipe for your next family meal. It’s an easy recipe that you can enjoy with a slice of freshly baked garlic bread on a busy weeknight.
- Pressure Cooker Filipino Oxtail Soup. This fall off the bone Pressure Cooker Filipino Oxtail Soup Recipe will surely please your family. A delicious soup broth with tender juicy Oxtail meat.
- Pressure Cooker Indian Butter Chicken. Do you love curry? Instant Pot Indian Butter Chicken is a buttery chicken that is smothered in a creamy tomato-based sauce. This crowd-pleasing dish will have your home smelling like your favorite Indian Restaurant.
- Chicken Thighs, 5-6
- Parsley Flakes
- 1 Onion
- 1/2 stick of butter
- 5-6 Large Potatoes, any kind you like
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons of cooking oil
- 1/2 cup of chicken stock, or water if you do not have this on hand
- 2-3 Lemons
- 2-4 tablespoons of milk
- Peel and slice up the garlic and onions, set aside. Slice the potatoes into about an inch thick and set aside as well.
- Turn the pressure cooker on and hit Chicken/Poultry (or Saute) and fill it with cooking oil. Fry the chicken thighs skin down first and add salt and pepper to taste. Flip and add more salt and pepper to taste. Add the garlic, slice lemon and onions and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock, squeeze 1-2 lemons inside and toss in the carrots.
- Add steam rack to the top of the pot, layer the potatoes evenly throughout the rack.
- Close the lid and wait for the pot to come to pressure from using the Chicken/Poultry setting, OR manual 15 Minutes.
- Release the pressure and wait for the lid to unlock, remove the chicken thighs out carefully and set them on a pan to broil in the over for 5-10 minutes (the longer your broiler the crispier the skin will be).
- Add the Oregano and Parsley and Mix.
- Scoop out the carrots and vegetables into a measuring cup or bowl. Pour some of the sauce over the chicken and then set it in the oven to broil.
- Leave some sauce in the pot and add the potatoes back into the pot. Set the pot to Saute or hit Chicken/Poultry.
- Let the sauce thicken and then mash the potatoes and add the butter and milk. I highly recommend you leave them semi chunky because they are amazing that way.
- Plate and serve! Enjoy!