The best Pressure Cooker Mac N Cheese recipe on the internet, this easy make mac n cheese recipe uses 3 kinds of cheese! A quick and easy one-pot mac n cheese recipe, it’s the perfect side dish for busy weeknight dinners.
Pressure Cooker Mac N Cheese
Mac N Cheese in my home is definitely a big deal, we love it thick and creamy. Since last year I have been using my crockpot recipe which for the most part was amazing. I was able to set it to cook before I left my home and when I got back from running errands we were able to eat whenever we were ready. Thanks to my pressure cooker I don’t have to use my crockpot anymore and I can now convert that recipe into a pressure cooker recipe.
It’s honestly shocking how long it truly takes to make these noodles and it truly amazing for this single mom of 4. It’s so convenient and perfect for our taste buds, we are a bit spoiled when it comes to mac n cheese. I used up to 5 different cheese in my batches and even with all of that my kids ask to top theirs off with more cheese in the end.
Although we can all agree that this is an amazing recipe in my home, we do have a toppings war going on in my home. I have two older preteen boys who love to add maple bacon to their bowls, while my princesses would rather keep it super creamy and cheesy.
I personally love it both ways but sometimes I like to add a dash of buttered panko and green onions to mix things up. Make sure you give it a try and throw some crispy Maple Bacon bits on top I promise you won’t be sorry.
Pressure Cooker Mac N Cheese Ingredients
- 16 oz's of Elbow Noodles
- unsalted butter
- Sharp Cheddar
- Colby Jack
- Cheddar Soup
- Salt & Pepper
How to make Instant Pot Mac N Cheese
To start, fill your pot with the noodles and water, and then set it to manual and cook as directed on the recipe card. Add a pinch or two of salt and then close the lid. Once the timer goes off flip the notch and let all of the steam out, cover with a hand towel because there will be a bit of foam coming out with the steam.
Once the lid unlocks mix the noodles up and then add the butter, let melt and mix thoroughly. Add the evaporated milk and stir. Add the mustard and pinch of salt.
Add the cheese's in with canned Cheddar Soup and mix thoroughly and serve immediately. Add some flair and top it with Maple bacon for a kick of deliciousness.
Instant Pot Recipe Ideas
- Buffalo Chicken Dip | Instant Pot + Slow Cooker
- Instant Pot Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Pressure Cooker Indian Butter Chicken
- Instant Pot Andouille Sausage Jambalaya
I hope you loved this recipe and come back and let us know what you think and what toppings you put on your bowl. If you loved this recipe head over and check out my Lemon and Herb Chicken and Mashed Potatoes. These two recipes go amazing with each other.
- 16 oz's of Elbow Noodles, must have gluten
- 4 Cups of Water
- 1 Can of Evaporated milk
- 1/2 stick of unsalted butter
- 1 Cup of Sharp Cheddar
- 1 Cup of Parmesan
- 1 Cup of Colby Jack
- 1-2 Tablespoons of Mustard
- Cheddar Soup
- FIll your pot with the noodles and water, and then set it to manual 5 minutes. Add a pinch or two of salt and then close the lid.
- Once the timer goes off flip the notch and let all of the steam out, cover with a hand towel because there will be a bit of foam coming out with the steam.
- Once the lid unlocks mix the noodles up and then add the butter, let melt and mix thoroughly. Add the evaporated milk and stir. Add the mustard and pinch of salt.
- Add the cheese's in with canned Cheddar Soup and mix thoroughly and serve immediately. Add some flare and top it with Maple bacon for a kick of deliciousness.