This beautiful 2 layered Red Velvet Cheesecake is made with a moist red velvet cake and a smooth, creamy cheesecake layer on the top. It’s as if a cake and cheesecake had a baby, both layers made with love and topped with a cream cheese frosting.
Red Velvet Cheesecake
If you love red velvet cake and cheesecake as much as I do, then you will love this recipe. It’s as if the two came together and had a baby with this easy Red Velvet Cheesecake Recipe.
An easy red velvet cheesecake recipe boosts a moist red velvet cake layer, topped with a creamy and smooth cheesecake. To tie everything together this easy cake is topped with homemade cheesecake icing. Sprinkle some colorful sprinkles on top and then serve to your friends and family.
Red Velvet Layer
- Dry Ingredients. Flour, Sugar, Cocoa powder, Baking soda, Salt
- Wet Ingredients: Egg, Vegetable oil, Milk, Vanilla, Red food coloring
- Cream cheese, Sugar, Egg, Sour cream, Heavy whipping cream, Vanilla extract, Salt.
Obsessed as I am with all things sweet and delicious? Then you will love this small-batch Red Velvet Cheesecake. This recipe yields a delicious 2 layer cake that is perfect for any occasion. I used 7-inch springform pans but please feel free to use what you have on hand.
Stacking The Layers
To stack the layers it is important to note that it is best to work with the layers after they have been fully cooled. I like to pop my cheesecake layer in the freezer for at least an hour, and the red velvet cake in the fridge for 30 minutes. Allowing them to set and cool makes them easier to work with.
Trim The Red Velvet Cake
First, we will start with trimming down the red velvet cake layer. It is important to trim the excess red velvet cake from the top, to create a flat leveled area for the cheesecake layer.
Then just pop the cheesecake layer on top and then decorate with the icing. Serve immediately or cover tightly and store it in the fridge.
Cream Cheese Icing
This easy cream cheese icing really brings together this Red Velvet Cheesecake recipe. While this cream cheese icing is delicious, it is optional and you can omit it from the recipe if you wish. I myself have a huge sugar tooth so I layered our red velvet cheesecake with a nice amount of this delicious icing.
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 pack softened cream cheese
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
Cream Cheese Icing Directions
Mix powdered sugar, softened cream cheese, butter, and vanilla extract together with an electric mixer until smooth. It should only take a few minutes for it to come together. Ice/pipe as desired. I use a piping bag or storage bag if I’m in a pinch.
More Cake Recipes!
Earl Grey Cheesecake. This Earl Grey Cheesecake is a holiday favorite dessert, with a creamy texture, and delicate flavor. It has an Earl Grey tea-infused cheesecake filling and a Biscoff buttery, crisp crust. This tea-infused cheesecake is the perfect dessert for any occasion.
Chocolate Cupcakes with Chocolate Buttercream Frosting. Sink your teeth into a childhood favorite cupcake that is as easy to bake as it is to eat. My Chocolate cupcakes with Chocolate Buttercream frosting and marshmallow creme filling will make the kid in you cheer.
Mardi Gras King Cake. Celebrate Mardi Gras with this homemade Mardi Gras King Cake! A fun twist on the traditional King Cake, it’s filled with a homemade strawberry filling. Bake and share this easy Strawberry Filled King Cake with your family.
- 1 package softened cream cheese
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbs sour cream
- 2 tbs heavy whipping cream
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
Red Velvet Layer
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of vegetable oil
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 oz red food coloring
- Heat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix cream cheese, eggs, and sour cream together with an electric hand mixer until smooth. Next, mix in sour cream, whipping cream, and vanilla. Mix again until smooth.
- Prepare a springform pan by spraying it with nonstick and lining the bottom and halfway up the sides with parchment paper. Wrap a layer of foil around the outside bottom and sides to seal it so nothing will come in/out. Pour your cheesecake mixture into the pan.
- Place springform pan on top of a roasting pan with a little water in the bottom of it (just enough to cover the bottom)
- Bake for 40 minutes or until the top is set. Check after 30 minutes to make sure it doesn’t burn.
- When fully cooked, let cool for an hour, then freeze until you have your red velvet layer cooked.
Red Velvet Layer
- Combine flour, baking soda, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Add egg, oil, milk, food coloring, and vanilla and beat with an electric mixer until evenly blended.
- Pour into a cake pan or prepared springform pan, and bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes.
- When finished, let cool completely.
- Once cooled, assemble your layers on a cake server: red velvet on the bottom, and cheesecake on the top.
- Frost with cream cheese icing or buttercream and pipe decorations as desired. Dust with red sprinkles on top.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 521Total Fat: 35gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 27gCholesterol: 66mgSodium: 456mgCarbohydrates: 48gFiber: 1gSugar: 34gProtein: 5g