Bake my Strawberry Cinnamon Rolls with Cream Cheese Icing for a delicious breakfast treat. It’s the star dish of any breakfast, brunch, or weekday treat. Fill your home with the sweet smell of my from-scratch Strawberry Sweet Rolls.
Strawberry Cinnamon Rolls with Cream Cheese Icing
In this Strawberry Cinnamon Rolls recipe, I used fresh diced strawberries, along with cinnamon, melted butter, and granulated sugar. If you are looking to kick up the strawberry flavor in this dish add a thin layer of strawberry jam. It brings more moisture to the cinnamon roll and also makes that strawberry flavor pop.
I omitted it in my recipe at the request of my family. Some days we want a huge pop of strawberry, other days we want a hint. Adjust your recipe according to your family’s preferences.
Cream Cheese Icing
I used 8oz of cream cheese in my cream cheese Icing because my family loves cream cheese. My 6-year-old eats a bagel with cream cheese every morning with her hot chocolate.
Every day this girl asks for more and more, I think I’m going to have to start buying this stuff by the gallon. If your family isn’t a huge fan of cream cheese half what the recipe calls for (4oz).
How To Make The Strawberry Cinnamon Rolls Dough
Prepare the dough by starting with browning the butter, starting with this will allow the time the butter needs to cool before mixing it in. I browned my butter and set it aside for about 10 minutes, just before it cooled I added in lukewarm milk.
Add all other ingredients and then cover the dough with a heavy kitchen towel (or multiple towels) in a warm spot in your kitchen. Allow time to rest until dough has doubled in size.
Roll The Dough
Roll the dough into a rectangle that’s about 18 inches x 12 inches on a well-floured flat surface. Brush the dough with 2 Tablespoons of melted butter and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar. Add the diced strawberries generously throughout the dough. Let’s get rolling!
How to Cut the Dough
Start rolling the dough, starting from the far side towards you being cautious not to apply too much pressure. When you reach the end make sure to pinch the sides together. Cut the dough into 16 pieces or 8 Large pieces.
To make cutting the dough easier, start by cutting the dough in half. Then proceeding to cut each side in half until you reach the desired amount of pieces.
Breakfast Recipe Ideas
- Fresh Strawberry Lemonade
- Pumpkin Spice Cinnamon Rolls
- Strawberry Breakfast Bars
- Baked Buttermilk Pumpkin Donuts
- Vanilla Cupcakes With Strawberry Cream Cheese Frosting
I hope you enjoy my strawberry sweet rolls with cinnamon and cream cheese icing recipe. I love making this for Saturday breakfasts and brunch. If you liked this recipe check out some of my other wonderful recipes below.
- 4 1/2 - 4 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 standard packet active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, (browned and cooled)
- 1 cup warm milk
- 2/3 granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 8oz Sliced Strawberries diced
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup melted butter
Cream Cheese Icing
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/4 Cup Milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar
- In a small saucepan over medium-low heat brown the butter. Set aside to let cool for about 10 minutes. Warm milk in a saucepan until it is lukewarm and combine with browned butter. Add yeast and stir till combined, let sit for 5 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together 2 cups flour, sugar, and salt. To make this by hand, just knead until smooth once all of the ingredients are added, (or Add to the stand mixer with the dough hook attached, mix until smooth) Add the egg and mix until just starting to combine. Slowly add in the milk mixture and 1 cup of flour until the dough starts to form and become smooth.
- Cover the dough with a heavy kitchen towel or multiple towels. Let it sit in a warm spot in your kitchen until it doubles in size.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough into a large 10 x 15 square. About ¼-1/2 inch thick. Spread 2 Tablespoons of melted butter evenly on top of the dough. Sprinkle cinnamon and 2 Tablespoons of sugar over the melted butter. Spread a generous amount of diced strawberries over the dough.
- In a small bowl combine the cinnamon and sugar and sprinkle on top of the strawberry filling. Starting from the side closest to you roll into a long log and pinch the ends. Cut into 16 slices or 8 large slices depending on how thick you want your cinnamon rolls. Place in a greased 15x10 inch pan and cover with a damp cloth and let rise for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until just golden brown on the tops.
- To make the cream cheese icing: Beat together the cream cheese, butter, and powdered sugar until smooth. Add the milk, vanilla until combined. Frost over warm cinnamon rolls and enjoy!