This Sundried Tomato, Spinach, Cheese Stuffed Chicken with Lemon Butter Sauce is so simple and delicious. If you are looking for one of those easy to prepare and easy to cook dinner meals. This recipe is definitely for you, the prep time for this is quick and easy enough to do your kids can join in.
It’s no secret that dinner time that one time of the day where the whole family can get together and talk about what happened during their day. My kids like to update me on all the happenings in their class, as well how they did on their test that day.
I like to make sure I spend more time eating at the dinner table verses standing over the stove and cooking the meal. So whenever I come up with recipes I’m hands down sure my kids will love, I like to make things short, simple and sweet. If I’m lucky I get to have them join in and help cut the prep time in half by just them helping with a few steps in the recipe.
My kids absolutely love cheese, almost just as much as they love eating chicken. My kids know that on each plate of food we eat for dinner we must have a vegetable. So to make things a little more interesting I have found stuffing our chicken’s with their servings of veggies helps cut down those wrinkled nose effects at the dinner table. That and layering the veggies with cheese and covering it with chicken just makes it that much tastier.
Open Nature® recently added a NEW product to the line: Open Nature® Air Chilled Chicken, available exclusively in Safeway. This new product has this mom going bonkers over chicken themed dinners at the moment. I found my Open Nature Air Chilled Chicken in the meat aisle of my Safeway and had to give it a try. Some things I love about this new product are that the chickens are fed a proprietary flaxseed-based diet, for chicken that is up to 300% higher in beneficial omega-3’s and 40% lower in cholesterol (vs. conventional chicken). Of course, there are no antibiotics ever, live Cage-free and are American Humane Certified.
Of course, you are wondering what the heck is this Open Nature Air Chilled Chicken and what really sets it apart from other chicken at the moment. Open Nature Air Chilled Chicken is genuinely different chicken! Air Chilled simply means the chickens are individually processed with purified air for 100% mouth-watering flavor. My family definitely noticed the difference in this chicken when I prepared it with this recipe. It was juicer and held a lot more flavor than any of the other chicken breasts I had used in the past. I will definitely be using the Open Nature Air Chilled Chicken for future chicken recipes.
My Sundried Tomato, Spinach, and Cheese Stuffed Chicken has an amazing Lemon Butter Sauce that just marries well together on your plate. It’s a light creamy tart butter sauce that really brings out that spinach flavor in the chicken. Try this dish with some homemade mashed potatoes and pour this lemon butter sauce on top. It takes the dish to a whole other level with those flavors dancing together.
If you are ready to take dinner to the next level with this recipe find the full details below. Come back and let us know what your family thought of it, as well as what sides you served your’s with. Dinner time should be simple, let this recipe help you spend more time enjoying your food with your family than preparing it.
- 2 lb's of Natures Promise Air Chilled Chicken Breast
- 1 jar of Sundried Tomatoes
- ¼ Cup of Minced Purple Onion
- 1 bag of Spinach
- 2 Cups of Mozzarella
- 2 Tbsp Thyme
- ¼ Cup of Butter
- Creamy Lemon Butter Sauce:
- ½ Cup of Heavy Cream
- ⅓ Cup of Cooking White Wine
- 3 cloves of Garlic
- ¼ Cup of Minced Purple Onion
- 1 Lemon Juiced
- Lemon Zest
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- (Optional: 2 Tsp Flour)
- Preheat your oven to 350 Degrees.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl combine the Creamy Lemon Butter Sauce ingredients together and stir well. Set Aside.
- On a cutting board cut a pocket into each of the chicken breasts, be careful not to cut all the way through and make it as even as possible. Place the chicken into the creamy lemon sauce mixture and let marinate for 5 minutes. Use this time to clean your workspace and cut or prep any other needed ingredients for the next step.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and place it on a stable workspace.
- Open the chicken and then stuff it with the sundried tomatoes, minced purple onion, spinach and mozzarella cheese. Repeat until all chicken breasts are stuffed.
- Close each of the chicken breasts off using a toothpick as seen in the photos above.
- In an iron skillet heat up then 1//4 cup of butter and place the stuffed chickens in the pan. Brown each side and then transfer the iron skillet from the stove top to the oven.
- Cook for 14-20 Minutes depending on the size of the chicken. (For smaller breasts use the least amount of time, for large use the max).
- Once the chicken is thoroughly cooked place iron skillet on stove top and remove and set aside the chicken to rest.
- In the iron skillet add the Creamy Lemon Butter Sauce and cook on high for 5 minutes. To thicken sauce add the flour and stir until well blended.
- Remove toothpicks from the Sundried Tomato, Spinach, and Cheese Stuffed Chicken.
- Plate and serve your Sundried Tomato, Spinach and Cheese Stuffed Chicken with the Creamy Lemon Butter Sauce.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Albertsons Companies. The opinions and text are all mine.