Try my crowd-pleasing, delicious, made from scratch Super Moist Chocolate Cupcakes with a Salted Caramel Frosting and Caramel Filling. Topped with caramel and sprinkled with sea salt, this decadent cupcake is perfect for chocolate lovers everywhere.
Super Moist Chocolate Cupcakes – Salted Caramel Frosting and Caramel Filling
Everyone who knows me knows that this girl likes to eat. I am that girl that is always asking for the dessert menu even after I am super stuffed from dinner. I am a huge sweet and savory girl who loves to try new things.
That’s why I just love my Super Moist Chocolate Cupcakes From Scratch with Salted Caramel Frosting that’s filled with homemade caramel.
Super Moist Chocolate Cupcakes From Scratch
I recently celebrated a birthday with a special someone, and they asked me to surprise them with whatever I thought they would like. I guess you can say I may have leaned more towards what I knew I would like and just hoped and prayed they would as well. Thankfully when they taste-tested it they loved it and didn’t mind the sprinkle of sea salt on top.
As far as the caramel filling, it didn’t thicken up like I had planned for it to and mainly soaked into the inside of the cupcake. Which actually ended up bumping up that moist aspect of the cupcake which no one minded at all.
If you are looking for a thicker noticeable caramel filling, reach for the premade caramel used for sundaes.
I hope you enjoy my Super Moist Chocolate Cupcakes From Scratch with Salted Caramel Frosting with a Caramel Filling. Looking for more cupcake recipe inspiration? Check out the recipes listed below.
Salted Caramel Frosting
After putting together a super moist chocolate cupcake recipe, I came across Sally’s Baking Addictions Salted Caramel Frosting recipe. It was the inspiration I needed to top off this decadent Super Moist Chocolate Cupcakes From Scratch recipe.
To bump the flavor levels to sky high, I filled this moist cupcake with homemade caramel filling that was oh my gosh out of this world delicious.
How To Decorate Chocolate Cupcakes
I’m a flat top frosting kind of girl so you may notice all cupcakes I make will have that signature flat frosting look. Unless that is if my girls join in and help me frost my cupcakes. They love more dome-shaped tops whereas if I had my way everything would be a flat top.
Other Cupcake Recipes
- Chocolate Cupcake with Marshmallow Creme Filling and Chocolate Frosting
- Cherry Filled Red Velvet Cupcakes with Homemade Ganache
- Strawberry Filled Red Velvet Cupcakes with Homemade Ganache
- Blackberry Ginger Ale Cupcakes
- Marshmallow Christmas Cupcakes
- Blue Bunny Ice Cream Cupcakes
- Vanilla Cupcakes With Strawberry Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 cup oil (vegetable/canola)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup boiling hot water
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 12-cup cupcake pan with cupcake liners. Also, line a second pan with 3-4 liners – this recipe makes about 15-16 cupcakes. Set aside for later.
- Whisk the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a large bowl until thoroughly combined. Set aside. In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs, granulated sugar, oil, and vanilla together until completely smooth.
- Pour half of the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Then half of the milk. Gently whisk for a few seconds. Repeat with the remaining wet ingredients and milk.
- Now add the boiling hot water and stir until *just* combined; do not overmix. The batter will be thin. (overmixing will lead to flat cupcakes so go easy)
- Pour or spoon the batter into the liners. Fill only 3/4 (this is imperative! only 3/4 of the way!) to avoid spilling over the sides of the cupcake sinking. Bake for about 19-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow them to cool completely before frosting. REMOVE FROM PAN TO COOL ON WIRE RACK.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.